• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bournville/Tim/Fliss bond FAO KAREN Pics on p2 working now

capel

Warren Veteran
We're attempting the bond around 9am ! :shock::shock: A question for the experienced bonders out there:
Do you think it's OK to be attempting this only 10 days after Floss died? What order should be put them into the initial neutral terrritory(puppy cage for a car ride) - Add Bournville to the pair, or the other way around?
Are you picking up any anxiety vibes here????:lol:

Last edited:
:wave:Calming vibes coming your way.

I think I would put Bourneville in first then Tim and Fliss - just so they don't think it is their territory and gang up on him!

No, I don't think it is too early to try the bonding. You can always try at a later date if things don't go to plan.

GOOD LUCK

Oooooooo-Errrrrrrr Hilda :shock:

You know me and bonding.........:oops:

I'll just say good luck and I hope they all settle down

:wave:

Hi Hilda

I'm not ever so experienced but have done quite a few bonds. I would probably put the single boy Bournville in first. Think this will be a less territorial way round. I think it's certainly true that boys are less territorial than girls but as he's the single too, he could possibly gain some confidence from being there first, even if it's just for moment.

I wouldn't think it's too soon to bond. but as has already been said if he just doesn't seem ready as you are trying, don't give up, just try again in a wee while.

When Edison and Sally parted company after only a week of being bonded (different to be a bereft bunny I know) and there was no hope of them being remarried. I tried Edison with Poppet our new arrival at the time. He wasn't having any of it. Only a week later, he accepted her fairly quickly and they are sooooo loved up now.

I have only ever bonded one trio. It took a bit longer than any of the others but it was certainly worth it. This was a pair (boy/girl) and a girl. They are very happy indeed now so it was worth persevering with.

All the best for today.

Ok..We are about to put them in the puppy crate!! EEk! I've decided that this bonding lark should be put on the tips for rapid weight loss!!:shock:

Well, so far, so good. We put them in the crate and went for a drive round the Cheshire Lanes for half an hour or with one stop at the garage and another at the garden centre to pick up some stuff. By the end of the journey they were all snuggled together. We then put them into the nero crate on the patio and everything was fairly calm..Bournville even groomed TIM!!!! Then there was a manic 2 or 3 mins where he humped Fliss who ran off but withing a few minutes they were fine again. There have been periods of tim lying beside B and then F lying beside B but so far not all 3 at once.! Bournville has groomed Tim and Fliss, but though he's put his head down for him they've just ignored it and carried on eating. I've loads of picks which I'll put up later. I don't want to leave them unattended for too long but just wanted to give you all an update. When Leanne left at 12.30 we put the crate in the lounge...that's where they'll stay overnight with me on a camp bed beside them.

Leanne sharing with Bournville his final moments as a single bun(we hope!!)
DSC00098.jpg

Ready to got into the car..my heart was in my mouth just waiting for something to kick off:shock: But it didn't:lol:
DSC00109.jpg

At the end of the car journey
DSC00109.jpg

Fliss flopped out in the nero cage..Bournville was flopped out at the other end, but my camera angle was ****!:roll:
DSC00121.jpg

What do you think? Can I uncross my fingers yet??

Last edited:
looks promising! its prob the perfect time to do this isnt it because bourneville is going to be missing bunny companionship so hes less likely to kick off.
I hope it works :D:D:

Here are some more Taken less that 5 hours after their first meeting.
Sharing some Raspberry leaves
DSC00138.jpg

B grooming Fliss He has groomed Tim loads but I never seemed to get the camera angle right!
DSC00148-1.jpg

Here's a nice one of B grooming Tim
DSC00158.jpg

Last edited:
Back