• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three Very brave babies!!

Do you think Kirsty will keep Ivy?

• Total voters

Chipmunk_K

Mama Doe
My poor baby Horthore died this evening:shock: at just 4 1/2 weeks... and I have no idea why:cry::cry::cry: Off to the vets tomorrow with Tilly, Willow and Ivy to make sure they arn't sick I couldn't cope of my Willow died too :cry::cry:

This is his first picture at 18 days
Horthorne-1.jpg

Here he is to the left with Willow then Ivy (18 days)
Left-HorthorneMiddle-WillowRight-Iv.jpg

And these were taken Saturday just before his 4 week birthday
Horthorne4wks1.jpg

Horthorne4wks2.jpg

Horthorne4wks3.jpg

Horthorne4wks4.jpg

Horthorne4wks5.jpg

Binky free Baby Horthorne!

Last edited:
im so sorry! he was gorgeous. i adore willow, the spitting image of my peanut butter, same face marking, same white blob on the face! :love:

i hope you find out what happened.

are the babies still with mum i pressume they are??x

So sad to see this. He's the image of my little Scamper. Must have been such a shock. Binky free, little one.

So sorry! :cry::cry::cry:

At least he got four and a half weeks for happiness, fresh air and freedom (which he wouldn't have got if the RSPCA hadn't rescued Tilly).

I hope Willow and Ivy are going to be okay.

Binky free little one.

To the vets

Just got off the phone with the vets... Tilly, Willow, and Ivy, are booked in for 9:10 this morning!! Fingers crossed they are okay, went to check on them this morning, all bunnies seem okay except for Tinkers who's avoiding me like the plague (but otherwise her normal self) ... I hope she's okay too! :cry:

Hope you're ok this morning. Thinking on it last night I would imagine it's just one of those unfortunate things that happens with baby buns. They are inbred and under those circumstances it's not unusual for one not to make it. I think it's worse when they are older though, it somehow seems more understandable when they are under a week.
Wht makes me really mad is that their gran has had another litter when the inspector went back to them. At least these babies have had the best care, unlike those poor souls :(

update #2

Well it's not looking good... Poor Ivy has a sky high temp which drained the color from my vets face... he was like it's high, oh my it's really high! Gosh I'm so worried :cry: Willow has a bit of a temperature, not as high as Ivy, and Tilly, is a bit cold :cry: My poor babies, They haven't eaten anything, even the readi grass which I put in a treat ball, that tilly goes mad on, hasn't been touched! I'm taking them back again in the morning, I have liquid food for them for today, with orders to return right away if anything gets worse... :cry:

Last edited:
Wht makes me really mad is that their gran has had another litter when the inspector went back to them. At least these babies have had the best care, unlike those poor souls :(

I thought she might do, when I heard she had just had a litter that she had killed, I figured she was probably pregnant again... espacially after puddle tink, and tilly gave birth. What happens to those babies? are the conditions any better now?

The inspector has told them to get the male neutered who is separated in another hutch. SH is going back soon to see whats happening. It's so frustrating.

Oh dear :cry:

I hope the Buns are well quarantined. I am guessing the Mummy Bunny isnt vaccinated against VHD ?
I do hope the rest of the family will recover
Sending vibes

Back