• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

himalayan and babys

bigglesbunny

Young Bun
47756.jpg

47753.jpg

The himmis I have loved, ever since I meet Cecil , one of Dee Millens display Rabbits, every time I pop round for coffee I try to slip him into my pocket, but always fail !
http://www.deemillen.co.uk/images/userfiles/image/im000443_2_ceicil_bed1.jpg

Then Two weeks ago while away up north I went to a auction mostly for birds and lots of farm bits, and in a couple of the pens was some rabbits, I was a bit shocked to see buns sold like this, any way in one pen was Mia and her little ones.
As Dee does not breed Himalayans this was going to be the best time to get one, and make sure Mia gets a good home, Indy my dutch rabbit is looking for a wife too.
So if all goes well, Indy will get wife, and babys will get new home together checked by me.
Thank you Dee, for all your help and advice with the babys, hope the new web shop goes well ....

http://www.deemillen.co.uk/index.php?osCsid=3ddc464ab129e707959d139de07c6830

Last edited:
Himalayn

I am picking up a Himalayan tomorrow - my vet offered him to me after he was brought in on Tuesday, found on a common. Very bad ear mites and very underweight. Can't wait to get him home for some love and care. Going to call him Kipu - means 'happiness' in Tibetan (I believe!). Never had himmy before, any tips gratefully recieved...

Yoooo hooooo!

He's a gorgeous bun that your are adopting Elizabeth and if I had been in your shoes I'd have snaffled him up too!

Adorabubble.

Everybody else will want to see pictures you know!;)

all grown up

Hello, you are going to :love: your himmi, they are sooooooooooo friendly, mine come and stand on door in the morning to get their whole meal toast bless. I was only going to keep MIA to start with, after rescuing the three of them, she was going to be a wifee for Indy, neutered Dutch and re home Sophia and sky [yes I went to see mama Mia twice], but know one suitable wanted them. So they just had to stay. Poor Indy still wife less.:(

So Dee had sky neutered when she did one of her vet runs, better when you know your bun is in safe hands during the recovery period after the op, and Dee does know her stuff when it comes to bunny’s. Although her house rabbit spot wasn’t impressed by sharing the house with 5 other bunny’s at the time. Once I had decide to keep them, I had to buy a rabbit 150 indoor cage from Dee, not many places stock them or had any stock at the time, not as thou they uses the space always being side by side. They live quiet happily together, spending a lot of time huddled together, pulling card board tubes apart as a team effort, very spoilt.

They are very clean buns and use their corner toilet, they have two, and the first they use as a bed of coarse. :)

As for food I use lots of freeze dried grass and green hay, they love it, and it does not put any weight on them and its great for their teeth, with yours being over weight, you need to get that under control as they are very fine boned, and can be prone to back problems having a very long spine. I use Dee’s dried food [her own mix made for her which she has used for years], in small quantities, which cant be bad as she has several 8 year old plus buns.
Sadly yesterday she did lose on of her nine years olds little Alador a mini lop, very sad as he was such a character, and i know she will miss him, vibes for Alador…… she put this down to the very changing weather.

83138.jpg

83137.jpg

83141.jpg
]

Last edited:
Back