• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please welcome Bobby, my unexpected rescue from Sunday night!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
This is Bobby! Some of you may have read my pleas on Sunday. I took him from awful, unspeakably horrid conditions on Sunday night after a friend suggested i needed to go round!

He is very timid and scared but on Monday was given a clean bill of health and has started his vaccs. The difference 24 hours and some attention and cuddles can make! Today he has been racing round my house chasing mine and my OH's feet wanted kisses and cuddles all the time. He even, for a short time, met his future wifey-to-be, Missy and clearly felt the love and some rudey stirrings (waiting to be neutered!). Missy is of course speyed and seemed to take all the 'attention' in her stride.

He is absolutely beautiful and Sunday's decision to go and get him was one of the better ones I have made in my life!

Presenting...the beautiful...and bloody cheeky, BOBBY!!

bobbycloseup.jpg

bobbycloseup2.jpg

bobbylyingdown.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

Aye - typical bloody man! This pic was taken just after a little 'session' of bonding with Missy...if you know what I mean. Again, typical man... :lol:;):lol:

Thanks Kay. And lets face it; instead of Missy sharing a man, she's got her own proper lil' hottie now! Ha Ha! I knew you'd forgive me...you know you love me...;)

aw well DONE:D!!
the bunny looks so HAPPY and having fun (LOL)
dont ya just LOVE bunnys..:D!!

and the photos are really good:love:

He looks in very good condition and looks like he has been looked after?, really gorgeous though, what's his story?

I got a phone call from a mate who said she saw an ad on a free ads site when looking for cages. A woman was tryin to get rid of one of her rabbits. The date was at the beginning of june. When my friend phoned up to enquire, the woman told my friend that she hadnt had any interestm in the rabbit at all and was going to set it free if no one wanted him. I called her and she seemed made up that I wanted to see him and asked me how long i would be. She said she would need at least 45 mins to 'clean him up'. :shock:

I was there in half an hour. He was a beautiful ginger and white butterfly lop. He looked ok in terms of condition but was cowering in the corner looking mightily miserable. There was no food in the hutch, a bit of hay on layers of newspaper, and some manky water. Opposit to him there were two more small hutches with rabbits in which she decided to keep cos they were 'beautiful'.

Bobby's hutch was disgusing, with no security cos the catch had broke and it fastened by tying a piece of ripped material round the whole hutch. :shock: When my boyfriend was picking the hutch up to put it in the car, there were beetles, catapillars, centipedes etc running round the outside and the inside of the cage. I only took the hutch to make sure she wasnt going to put anything else in the bloody thing. It's being burned at weekend!

Her reasons for letting him go were as follows:
1. She didn't want to bond him with her others cos they would fight.
2 She did not have time to look after three rabbits.
3 He wasn't a cuddly rabbit - he did not like being picked therefore what was the point in having one :)evil:)

She then proudly showed me how beautiful her other rabbits were. I could have killed her!

His eyes were clear and his bum was clean ish - and that was enough for me.

I know you shouldnt get involved. That there are thousands of rabbits that are treated like this, and that if I start trying to save them all id be in trouble but i couldnt help it.

He is the sweetest natured rabbit in the world and will make a perfect gentleman friend for missy once neutered.

As i am typing this, i can see him in his Thistle Hall, stretched out having a little snooze...and i know that i made the right decision. :love: :love: :love:

Back