• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday boarding

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Just booked my four into bunny boarding for June next year and was chatting at work about how the boarding was going to cost me more than my share of the holiday cottage :lol::lol: I could easily have boarded them somewhere much cheaper but they'd be shoved into a small hutch. My buns live in huge shed/run combinations and I'm not prepared to board them into hutches - they'll be in chalets where they're going. I said that I needed to make sure they went somewhere where they would be looked after properly, ie. checked to make sure they're eating, pooing, clean bums, fresh veg and hay every day etc. My mother in law offered to feed them but she knows diddly-squat about rabbits - again, I'm not prepared to leave them with someone who knows nothing about them - I'd rather not go on holiday.

One colleague told me I was totally and utterly mad and that she'd never spend that much money on an animal. She said she'd just open the door and let the rabbit go. Quite how I restrained myself, I do not know but I'm giving her daggers as I write :censored:

There are always going to be people like that, my brother despite always having grown up around all variety of pets doesnt understand how myself, my sister and my mother chose to burden ourselves with the care and expense of pets when we all have mortagages and bills to pay! I know a friend of a friend who 'released ' her 2 female rabbits when they started fighting instead of getting them sorted, she then took on a hamster which none of the children especially liked so she let that one run free also. You just cant believe it can you.

Well done you :D Some people really dont understand or dont want to understand how animals should be treated :evil:

Back