• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Runny Eyes

Scooner

Young Bun
Hello I'm new so i'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but, my French Lop Oscar has one runny eye.

It's clear not milky and it's not sticky. He isn't in any distress and is acting normally. He was neutered about two weeks ago and it started after that, could he have picked somthing up at the vets?

I've tried cleaning it with water, but he's a rescue bun and doesn't like being held so it's hard to clean it properly. We are bonding him soon and if all goes well i'm hoping the other rabbit will clean it up a bit, but should i still take him to the vet?

Any advice would be great, thank you.

Hi yes I would take him to the vet It could be conjunctivitis or he could have something in hie eye.I would say its better to be safe than sorry

Yes I would take him to the vet.

Have you changed his betting recently? If it's dusty this can also cause iritation to the sinuses.

I think you're right! I'll make an appointment today, like you say better safe than sorry! Even if going to the vets makes him sulk for a couple of days. :cry:

The house does get dusty, but it's mainly from him! I will have to hover more than once a week i guess, every couple of days instead.

Thanks for the advice. x

Thanks for the advice, Oscar went to the vets this morning and he has conjunctivitis, the vet gave him some drops and said it would clear up in a couple of days. I can relax a bit now, lucky (in some way) this happened before he goes away to be bonded with our new rescue bun!

Thanks again
Frankie
xxx

Back