• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cakes

Glingle

Warren Veteran
After seeing the fabulous piccies of cupcakes, I remembered I had some piccies on Photobucket of cakes I'd made for my Dad's Birthdays in the past. (sorry for the quality & size they're scanned photos - I made them several years ago before digital cameras!)

My Dad always used to wake me up on a Sunday morning when he jet washed his motorcaravan & the cars (you can't see the top too well, but the white icing strands were to represent the water)
cakes1.jpg

My Dad also really likes holidaying in France
cakes2.jpg

Anyone got any piccies they'd like to share? :D I love seeing other people's ideas :D

wowee! they are brilliant!! i want to be as good as that one day. i've literally only just started to play with sugar paste stuff but i want to do loads more in the future.

I've been looking for sites that give tips on modelmaking..

graduation scrolls -

DSCF2318.jpg

bunny and cawwit!

DSCF2406.jpg

Hee hee love the bunny and carrot :love:. I made a leaving cake for a guy at work who was bunny mad. I think I made about 40 bunnies similar to yours to decorate it. Just covered it in swirly green icing and put a few flowers on it then covered it in the bunnies. Wish I'd thought of doing carrots :)

Hee hee love the bunny and carrot :love:. I made a leaving cake for a guy at work who was bunny mad. I think I made about 40 bunnies similar to yours to decorate it. Just covered it in swirly green icing and put a few flowers on it then covered it in the bunnies. Wish I'd thought of doing carrots :)

i think it'd lose my marbles doing 40! :lol:

yaaaay! have you seen the Bobbin and Roo one i popped up today?

Those are really fab. So much personality in them. :D
I've never played with icing thiniges, but I did make a ginger bread house at christmas. I only take pictures of christmassy stuff. :lol:
gbhouse.gif

ooh, and some cakes from the christmas before
cakes.jpg

Deelove they're fab! The gingerbread house is amazing. Wanna wanna make one now :D

It's still sitting on top of a bookshelf now. :lol: No one would break a peice of it. They just ate the offcuts I'd put inside. I really should throw it away.

wowwee, was the house easy to make? looks wicked!

No it was hard. :lol: I didn't have the appropriate size trays and there's templates for all the parts. It's fun though, the royal icing is like the cement, it holds the bits together.

Can I post my wedding cake pic again???

I made it and designed it all myself. I'm so proud of it but I will NEVER do it again. Tasted great too

HPIM0985.jpg

Can I post my wedding cake pic again???

I made it and designed it all myself. I'm so proud of it but I will NEVER do it again. Tasted great too

HPIM0985.jpg

Well of course you won't be doing it again - you only get married the once!!!
Absolutely gorgeous cake :love:

Back