• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bun grab the green/treat and eat it elsewhere?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I notice some of my buns, both past and present, like to grab their favorite green or treat, then run some distance away and eat it elsewhere. In particular, Bernie grab his food and eat it at his "domain", his hidden spot. It's a special stool made for my bunnies, covered by a towel. So all 4 sides is covered like a curtain

bernie00621cp5.jpg

bernie00627rd0.jpg

Yup! If I have a couple of treats in my hand he will hang around and try clamber on me for more, but if I have just one, he'll pinch it and run a mile! :lol: He'll spend a good minute running around happy-chappy with it in his mouth as if to say "Yay!" and then jump into his crate to eat it in peace! :lol:

:lol: yes!! carlton does a little victory lap with food his mouth sometimes and settles down to eat in the corner somewhere.

if you give him something straight from the fridge, he runs off to his "eating spot" with his head back and his ears flap up and down! :love:

Alfie's still young, so he might change but he's so occupied with actually eating whatever he's got as fast as possible, that he just stays right where he is. :lol: (Which makes it nice and easy for me to pick him up when he's been running round in the garden. ;))

Alvin has to.. pearl is so greedy shes eaten her treat before hes even started then tries to steal his :roll::roll:

Evo often eats while he's still stood on his back legs begging for whatever treat he's just been given. :roll: He normally brings to food to wherever he is by dragging it with his front paws (bowl, pile of hay etc) rather than taking it somewhere.

He has done the victory lap with non-food things he's stolen though. :lol:

Yup, ALL my buns adore raspberries. When I walk down the garden, they all watch me, and if I cross the grass to the raspberry bushes, they start binkying like mad.

Hunny has a habit of taking the raspberry out of Mustard's mouth, so he sneaks off under their hutch to eat his!

Carmen

Yup, ALL my buns adore raspberries. When I walk down the garden, they all watch me, and if I cross the grass to the raspberry bushes, they start binkying like mad.

Hunny has a habit of taking the raspberry out of Mustard's mouth, so he sneaks off under their hutch to eat his!

Carmen

:love::love: that's so cute!

:lol: yes!! carlton does a little victory lap with food his mouth sometimes and settles down to eat in the corner somewhere.

if you give him something straight from the fridge, he runs off to his "eating spot" with his head back and his ears flap up and down! :love:

Fidget does her "victory lap" (or 3) with the food in her mouth before eating too :lol:. Everytime someone sees it they're like... she looks happy, are you sure you feed her regularly? :lol:

Roxy always runs off with hers. Barney runs out of necessity if Roxy doesn't have any cos she'll soon have his :lol: If I'm feeding them on my lap Barney is happy to tuck into his food and stay put, which is really nice cos he doesn't like being picked up or stroked, seems we make a good seat from time to time though :love:

Hermione does it ALL the time! shes such a quick eater as well, she always finishes before Oscar, and then tries to grab his afterwards! :lol:

seriously, NEVER get in the way of a hungry giant :shock:

Last edited:
Yep Snowy runs off with his treats and as he runs
he flicks his back feet before he goes off and hides:D:D.

Jetty and Sooty just eat theirs wherever they are at the time.

Poppy does that, she's so selfish :lol: She often munches hers then goes and pinches Charlie's because he's too daft to think to hide it :lol: The best is when she run's off with a whole spring green leaf :lol:

nope mine just does a "gimme gimmie gimme " i cant even tease him with it i get my hand bitten orf if i even try he just snuffles it there and then and chases me round the house for more :roll: the whole house is bigs domain as it where so i dont think it matters to him :lol:

Yep Snowy runs off with his treats and as he runs
he flicks his back feet before he goes off and hides:D:D.

Jetty and Sooty just eat theirs wherever they are at the time.

Yes my Scampi Doodle does this, really flicks out his back feet! :lol:
I wonder what it means, it seems to me like he is a pleased as punch for getting a treat, he looks like a horse doing dressage - all prancey!!

Back