• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits who would have them LOL

sw33ty

Warren Scout
:lol::lol::lol: I thought it would get you all looking:roll::lol::lol: Is it just my bun Poppy or does other people's buns do this:roll:As we don't have a run for Poppy yet we get her out every day for at least an hour so she can have a run around, play & graze on the grass. When she comes out she go's straight to the garden fences & the small fence around our patio & starts to eat them:shock: tonight she has been worse than ever, i've taken my roof rack off my truck as I need to do some wiring for the spotlights which are on it & you may have guest it she started to eat it well the rubber foot pads at least:roll:I'm sure she was trying to eat the house wall aswell:shock: she's such a little munchy monster is this normal :?:?:?
I was going to convert our shed into a nice little workshop when our birds who roost in it pass away but after reading your posts on here looks as if that won't be happening now & our Poppy will be moving into the shed instead as it's joined onto the bird flight where she was going to be housed in the 1st place but as I have power in there for the light & heater it would be a better place for her over the winter. so it's all your fault for giving me the idea:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Yes -buns love to chew wood-to save your fences maybe offer some apple branches which she'll love, and helps their teeth too.-Sue:wave:

I think there's a list on here of types of tree branches safe for buns?

I have put a couple of apple tree branches in her hutch but she only has the odd chew on them:roll: but have never thought about putting them outside so will give that ago. We gave her a few toys to play with like a teething rattle & keys:D I have to say we often find or hear her playing with these:lol: we also got her a large chewable tube which she seems to love as she often go's in it, chews it or when she's in a mood chucks it all over her hutch:lol:
Last night I did notice she spent alot of time at the fence & I had to stop her from eating it, but next door does have to male g/pigs in a hutch on the other side & was wondering if she is in season at the min as she is a little stroppy at the min & even went to nipped my finger (I felt her teeth) this morning when I went to stroke her nose:shock:

i have various mints (cept penny royal as its not good for them ) and lavender round my buns cages to deter flies in the morning they have been pruned as it where :roll:

biggles is partcial to the odd bit of skirting board and door even if he does have unlimited wooden toys and twigs to chew

Back