• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Automatic rabbit feeders

kiri

Warren Scout
has anyone ever found any rabbit specific automated feeders-the cat and dog ones seem so large-would take up half the hutch I think! I need one thats timed for about 4 meals.
I thought about the gravity ones but it still means that if they wanted they could eat the lot in one day!

Never really thought about it, I just enjoy feeding them too much! :D

Is it for when you are away or out more on a particular day? I haven't actually seen any apart from the cat ones with the lids that pop up or the gravity type.

I would have thought they could smell the food, could be a bit frustrating! :shock:

4 meals equates to how many days?

If you are leaving them for more than 18 hours you really should get someone to pop in and check on them. If the bottle falls off what will happen?

I dont think id trust them really, my tutor was saying with the dumper style ones, they can jam, and then dont release food

We've used a 4 meal one for some cats we look after and it works ok but I wouldn't recommend them for rabbits as they are quite flimsy and could easily be tipped over by a bun and then the lids wouldn't open. Also how would you then sort out this amount of meals worth of fresh water?. Are you thinking of using this for your buns whilst out/away so it would be to cover either 4 days or 2 days worth of meals?

A good friend of mine is using some sort of electrical water fountain thing, the water comes down and it's fresh, I don't know how that work.

As to pellet, if there are tons of hay, even w/o pellet for a few days, it's okay.

Hiya, Im going away for 4 nights but my husband will be in. He says he doesnt like the responsibility of remembering to feed them:roll: they always have 3 large water bottles. One on each tier of the hutch and one on the run and they have never fallen off in the past. They also have an elevated feeder to keep hay fresh.

It's not that hard for him really is it? Once when he's about to go to work and once when he gets back? You could always text him to remind him. I'm leaving my OH for a week and he's looking after the buns and probably my foster buns too....He's a big enough boy to follow a list of instructions (and to remember to read the list of instructions).

I don't trust my o/h to sort them out either so I call him to make him do it- can you get a friend to pop round?

He looked after them for 5 weeks while I went traveling in Uganda so he knows how...I think he's trying to make a point, I know he'll check on them anyway. I only feed mine once a day cus they are outside from 10am to 10pm eating grass. think I might just go with a gravity feeder as neither bunny tends to over eat too much.

Back