• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's something wrong with Oscar! :( u/d HE'S FINE!

brightspark19

Warren Scout
My 4 year old bunny Oscar was ok early this morning but when i went to check on him at 12:45 he was very mopey. His ear is constantly drooped (he has upright ears) and he wont let me pick him up. He also keeps making like hicupping motions although it sounds like he has something stuck up his nose.

I thought maybe he has an ear infection but i dont know how that would assosiate with the hiccupping motions. Can someone please help me out. He isnt off his food as he has ate loads of hay and pellets but i have lost 2 bunnies in the last year to a blockages such as gut statis and although he isnt cold or off his food lik the others, im worried he may be quite ill.

I would have posted this sooner but i had work at 1
Please any help is appreciated

U/D took him to the vets yesterday as i couldnt get him to one the previous night and the vet said that she thinks he had a slight infection in his respiratory tract but it has cleared itself up. She told me to take him home and keep an eye on him and today he is back to his old self. Looks like it managed to clear itself up. Thanks for all the vibes that were sent :)

Last edited:
i would take him to the vet if i were you it does not sound good maby he has somehting stuck in his throat with the hiccup noise???

I think I would take him to the vet, I don't know what it could be sorry, but if he's not himself then that suggests something is wrong?
I hope he starts improving soon :)

I agree take him straight to vets if ya think hes not well hun its better than waitin for replies here :)

I don't think im gonna be able to make it to the vets tonight though, it closes at 6 and my dad doesnt finish work until then. I haven't got any cash for a taxi, but i will phone up my vet and ask for advice. I have let him out in the garden to run around and he seems happy to run around but he still has the same motions and dropped ear. Thanks for advice, i will let you know how he gets on

Last edited:
Agree with the others, take him to the vet. Ring round some others to see if they are open later. Hope he is OK.

I do hope that you can get Oscar to a Vet tonight.
It sounds as though he has an ear infection and possibly a respiratory tract infection ( the hiccuping may actually be abnormal respiratory effort)

With Bunnies it is always safest to get Vet treatment sooner rather than later as they go downhill so quickly.

Back