• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attention: people in Bradford

toffee

Mama Doe
Hello.

I plan to start boarding rabbits for holidays. If anyone near Bradford needs their bunnies boarded then please PM me. I'm going to charge £5 per night per pet. I need you to supply some adequate form of housing for your pet and also dry food. I can supply hay & veg.

I'll also be boarding guinea pigs. I can take hamsters at a negotiable fee.

All pets must come to me healthy - they will be checked when they arrive.

There will also be terms & conditions to sign (basically saying that you agree to pay any necessary vets bills on your return and also detailing what happens in the event of the death of a pet while in my care).

I hope I'll have some takers!!

Bye for now. xx.

You could do with looking into getting insurance for your bunny hotel. I am insured with petplan. All the bunny hotels that come on here only take fully vaccinated rabbits. Will you be providing the animals living accomodation and runs, will you be taking house rabbits as well as outdoor rabbits? (these are the questions that people will ask you:D.

Good luck:D

Also £5 is quite alot considering people have to provide their own accomodation for their pet, i charge £3 for singles, and £5 for a pair, so that saves £1 a day, but that includes all hay, straw, fresh veggies and the accomodation.

I think you will get more takers if you provide accomodation
x

We get quite a bit of business from people in Bradford, we provide delivery and collection, minimum 6x2 accomodation for rabbits , up to 8ft x 2 and all food, hay, bedding, veg etc are included in the price which is cheaper than what you'd be charging and you'd be wanting people to provide their own accomodation!!!.

We also insist on Myxi and VHD vaccinations and nothing gets in a hutch without those being checked first. I'd definitely advise you get good business insurance which doesn't come cheap and you could also do with an agreement/arrangement with a rabbit/small animal savvy pet. Get good terms and conditions laid out too and make sure you get them signed by your customers. You'll also need to register your busisness with the Tax Office.

Good Luck:)

I think for most people providing their own accomation would be a problem.I have two living in a dog kennel/run.One that lives in a shed with run and three piggies that live in a playhouse with run.I don,t have any hutches lying around so it would be a problem.
Why don,t you look on ebay/freecycle and see if you can require some hutches/runs:D

Yes, I agree it would put most people off if they have to provide their own accomodation. It just wouldn't be a practical option for the majority of people.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look into getting some hutches etc. but the only problem is I want to do this to raise a bit of extra cash because I'm skint!

I don't have space to take in more than 2 singles/pairs at a time so rather than it being a full time business I just want to offer people I know holiday care for their rabbits. I think I may have to charge less.

Maybe I'll just start off with friends I know who have small animals and take it from there.

When I was younger I used to take my guinea pigs to a girl who advertised in the vets. She kept guinea pigs herself and I used to take mine in an indoor cage to stay with her. I think she used to charge about £10 a week (about 10 years ago) and she only ever had 1 or two extra pairs of piggies at a time. I was really wanting to start a setup like she had just to raise a bit of money.

Yes, that would be a good idea to maybe start off with small caged animals that people would be able to transport in their own cages.

Good luck with it :D

Regardless of just asking friends you would still be better looking at insurance for yourself and the rabbits. You have to look at the whole picture, if one of their rabbits died without any signs, regardless of how good a friend it is still their pet and emotions run high. You would need to cover yourself from all angles. Most rabbit boarding places on here will probably tell you themselves but once you have bought the extra veg, hay and whatever else you provide you won't be making much:roll:.

i only ever make money when i get a big booking, a standard week, or a few days doesnt make much because i always make sure i have new toys, treats, and veggies etc for those arrivals, so really u dont make much.

the only time i make money is from a long stay, i have 2 GORGEOUS piggies here at the moment, and i got £145, because they are here for 32 days, as their owners are going to new zealand, so obviously i make money from a big stay like that. but day to day.hmm i dont make that much.

youre going to need a website too, mine is www.sunnydaysboarding.co.uk, if you would like to look at one for some inspiration.
xx

Regardless of whether you are doing it full time or just through friends you will still need to register for tax even if you dont make a profit and I would seriously advise you to get some pet business insurance.

Back