• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of hay do u use??

Eveyk22

Warren Scout
:wave:
Was just wondering what type/brand of hay everyone uses for their bunny's?
And if it is better to use two different types:1 for bedding and 1 for eating??

I use my local farm hay in bales for bedding and most eating. I also give them Dust Free stalky hay, in the hope it helps to keep their teeth in check!

I think if your bedding hay is fairly good quality, then it's fine for the rabbits to munch on. However, if they don't eat much hay or their hay is of poor quality, it's worth seeing if there is a type that they like best to eat.

I use the cheaper, large bale, hay from Jollyes for their bedding. I use Excel Super Forrage for their hay rack.

:wave: i use beddin hay (which is feed quality) this is his fav over the timmy hay with herbs, normal timmy hay, excell, and oat hay (although just stopped this cause im tryin to find out what he has an allergy to:roll:). our miss moll loves it all:).
x

I use farm hay for bedding and Dust Free Hay for eating:D
My piggies have dust free for both.

I have a huge bale from a local farm which goes in their litter trays and they munch on.. then i also currently have timothy hay, orchard grass, brome hay, oat hay and Just Grass to add a bit of variety :D I usually use two of those at a time :D Currently their favourite appears to be Brome hay :D

I use the cheaper, large bale, hay from Jollyes for their bedding. I use Excel Super Forrage for their hay rack.

Same with me. P@H meadow hay for sleeping (and they are allowed to eat it too!) and Excel for their hay box.

I get a bale from a farm for £3, I use it for bedding and eating because it is really good quality and all my buns love it :D. They get a handfull of readigrass to eat as well.

i mostly use pure pastures meadow hay and then add smaller amounts of alpha kings timothy hay & oat wheat and barley hay and i also get the burns green oat hay

My horse's hay which C's family grow but it still costs us £2 a bale.
My babies have this for bedding and food.

dust free hay for my fussy monsters a cheaper pet store hay for the fosters.....can remember what it's called sorry.

Wagg meadow hay which I give them tons of plus herbage excell & burns oat hay. Not sure which one is their favourite cos the amount eaten of each varies every day.

I'm using dust free hay at the moment, it really is lovely but rather expensive.

I normally use a local bale costing £4 but they have run out. I'm hoping to find another local source at the weekend.

Luckily mine will all eat anything. :)

Back