• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a indoor cage

Rose

Mama Doe
as cheap as possible, Its for jack who will be in it majority of the day apart from time outside in the run and when he is free run in the room where the rabbit cages are. :D

get a dog crate.. they have more space than a standard indoor cage ;) I got mine on ebay. There are some with metal trays, mine has a thick plastic tray, although it was a bit more expensive it causes less noise and isnt slippery ;)

get a dog crate.. they have more space than a standard indoor cage ;) I got mine on ebay. There are some with metal trays, mine has a thick plastic tray, although it was a bit more expensive it causes less noise and isnt slippery ;)

I did consider a dog cage but was not sure what size.

a 48inch is about right if you put in levels mine is a 42 but my buns are outdoors and generally only come indoors if its freezing.
also on ebay they are pretty cheap!!!!! mine was £12 bargain

When I had a dog crate I had an 48", now I have build mine a new indoor cage with NIC cubes. Brought two boxes, so was cheaper than a dog crate from a shop (you can prob get one cheaper on ebay though)

This is the link for the cubes http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/n...refview=search&ts=1207146645955&isSearch=true

And here is a photo of my 'Bunny Towers' http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=131288

It's the second photo down and Bugsy is modeling for you!

yeah, sorry, definitely a 48" one ;) I went to the ebay seller direct to buy mine to save postage.. he said you do realise the size you ordered is for great danes? I said yes thanks. He said what sort of dog do you have then? I said i dont i have a rabbit! :lol: You should of seen his face :shock::shock::lol::lol:

I used the NIC system also though theyre called the 6 cube storage system from B&Q & built two 6x3ft cages for my buns. Though by the time Id bought the perspex for the floor & covering for the perspex each cage prob cost just over £80.00 My buns love them & no longer rush to get out when I open the doors The good thing about the grids is that you can build the cage to fit around your furniture & my 4 buns have loads of room

Back