• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think it was ignorance or a lie?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:? I don't usually like bringing up the past, especially with subjects like this.
But when I got Blue his owner said his eye's had been weepy for a long time and the vet said he was fine. A few weeks later I took him to the vets as his eyes were awful and they said that he had molar spurs which had pushed into his tear ducts and needed a dental and a duct flushing!
So do you think the owner genuinley thought that there was nothing wrong or do you think it was a lie?
:?

Did you take them to a different vet? Maybe her vet was less rabbit-savvy than yours?

:? I don't usually like bringing up the past, especially with subjects like this.
But when I got Blue his owner said his eye's had been weepy for a long time and the vet said he was fine. A few weeks later I took him to the vets as his eyes were awful and they said that he had molar spurs which had pushed into his tear ducts and needed a dental and a duct flushing!
So do you think the owner genuinley thought that there was nothing wrong or do you think it was a lie?
:?

have to look at it at ALL sides
1st - owner lied
2nd - owner was telling the truth, its owner's vet who lied
3rd - owner probably got it from another owner who said the same thing

But anyways, past is past~
How is Blue?

Could be either and you will never know, we have had both happen to us with rescues and now I just ignore what they tell me anyway and get them trreatment and that's what you did you got Blue treatment.

I suppose it could be either and Snowy's right I'll never know :(
I just wish I had got him the treatment sooner, then he would of been alot comfier and happier :(

Stalvros: Blue died around christmas last year :(

I suppose it could be either and Snowy's right I'll never know :(
I just wish I had got him the treatment sooner, then he would of been alot comfier and happier :((

You can't think like that though, because I have had them come into the rescue on a Friday and not taken straight to the vet for a check up and been told by the owner dumping them that they had no health problems and then I take them to Paula on a Monday ot Tuesday and find that they have mouth ulcers from spurs or soemthing, I hate it because it makes me feel really horrible and guilty, but you can't feel guilty about it you just have to think of the 'here and now' and what YOU are doing for the bunnies, that's how I feel anyway and as long as I do my very best for them then I can't help what has happened before, although as soon as they come in now I get them straight to my vet no matter what the :censored:owner says!!

You're right. I know now that if I ever get another bunny from a free add rather than a proper rescue, I need to get it to the vet despite what the owner says

Back