• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed?

ilovefudge

New Kit
What breed of rabbit is the best? Why? Does it have a good temprement??? Or does it just look SOOOOOO cute and fluffy? I seriously want your opinion!!!

I'm not sure if the type of breeds effect how
temperamental a rabbit is. Then again, i'm not too sure.

With regards to which rabbit is the cutest,
kinda depends on what you want as well.

If you want fluff, get Lion mix Angora
If you want fluff + small, get Lion mix Dwarf
If you want flop, get Holland Lop
If you want flop + fluff, get Lion mix Lop

My carpet is lion mix dwarf
My marble is lop mix angora

IMG_0182.jpg

Im sure you'd find the breed of your dreams in a rescue centre.Ive always bought direct from a breeder as i love french lops[cos they are soooo cute and cuddly]but since coming on this site have found so many rescue centres have frenchies that i would certainly rescue next time and still get the breed i favour.

The temper of the rabbits rely more on where they grew up rather than breed. Romours has it that netherlan dwarves are little monsters for instance, but there are plenty of good natured nethies around as well. Depends on how they are raised and bred, a good breeder won't use aggresive rabbits in breeding as they produce aggresive offpsring.

Also if you get an adult rescue bun, its easier to tell the temper than if you get a baby, they tend to change completley at aroun 3-4 months of age:lol:

If its your first rabbit I wouldn't recommend an angora, they need to be groomed every day and be cut every 3 month or more.
Not all fuzzy rabbits are angoras. There's cashmere lops and lionheads, last can be VERY fluffy at times.

I have a Nethie and he most certainly is not a little monster:lol::lol:he is a very well behaved, very gentle 'ickle bunnie boy:love::love:

People say the bigger the bunny, the more laid back they tend to be:D But yes I agree that it has more to do with how and where they grew up rather than the breed they are.

Juliaxx

Back