• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Short or Longg?

Carlton had his first garden outing last Sunday and he says "LONG"! he went for all the longest stalks! :lol:

my buns say long, if it gets short where their pen is, they try to stick their heads out and get the long stuff.... The half my buns get to run on I try not to mow.... they do it for me hehehehe!

I put my buns on an area of mixed length grass hoping they would level it. They went for the short stuff making it shorter and shorter leaving the long stuff alone. This was over 3 days:lol::lol::lol:. It now looks like little grass trees poking up everywhere surrounded by flat lawn. So much for not having to mow the lawn:lol::lol:
x

both carpet and marble seems to prefer short
like they avoid those thick bushes when i bring them
to the garden apparently

my buns prefer long, we cut the grass int he bunny garden 2dayas it was soo long and i havent seena single binky lol!

but when its long pebbles does happy flops nr olls around in it lol

They went for the short stuff making it shorter and shorter leaving the long stuff alone. This was over 3 days:lol::lol::lol:. It now looks like little grass trees poking up everywhere surrounded by flat lawn. So much for not having to mow the lawn:lol::lol:
x

Yep that's what mine do too! They go for the fresh new shoots.

lonnnnnnnnnng especially the annoying long things that whip your legs when you walk through them, not sure if they are part of the dandilion family, they make you garden look like the day of the triffeds long green stems with brown i assume seed head bit on the top, it is funny to watch how they eat them though, trying to get there tounge round the stem on a windy day :lol::lol:

Long deffo, that's why i go mental when my dad mows the lawn. tsskkk, that means less Piggie grass!
Anyway, where my horse is there's very good quality long grass and i pick that and put it on the floor of the the piggie's run and the hay rack of the rabbit's kennel

Are you trying to get out of mowing the lawn again Jack:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:!!!

My Mum was cutting the grass on Saturday, and the grass goes all the way round the run, so everything else looked nice and juicy, and the grass in the run just seem'd over-grown??

I thought maybe, they might like to strech out or run around on short grass rather than fight their way through the long one.

The grass now, isnt like 2 foot tall, but it is about this high:

So I thoght if it was cut:

____

They might like it better?
Jack:D

Back