• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made a hard decision

Kay

Mama Doe
I have decided to let Dylan go and live with my sister and her family.

As you may know I saved Dylan from a woman that wanted rid of him even if that meant killing him! :shock: but I never intended to have two males and having the garden spilt means both Dylan and Arthur are only having half what they could. The hope was that they'd bond but as Dylan is growing up he is getting more and more territorial. They no longer sit at the fence together but rather Dylan see's Arthur as a threat. Arthur is a very sensitive chap and seems stressed when Dylan is near, like he can't relax because he has to protect his territory. I know alot of this is down to Dylan's hormones and that he will calm down when neutered but at the moment Arthur still isn't 100% after having GI statis and I owe it to him to have a calm life.

Anyway I was talking to my sister today about it and she confessed that she adores Dylan and would love to have him. I think it will be best all round. He is booked in on Tuesday to be neutered and then when he is fully recovered he will be bonded with a rescue girly. He is a lucky chap as my sister has a fully walled 150ft garden :shock: plus a good sturdy 6x8ft shed that her hubby is converting.

The hope is that Arthur may even find himself a nice laid back bunny wife in need of a forever home.

At least this way I know Dylan has an acceptional home and I'll be able to see him every weekend. In some ways its exciting because I can see Dylan settled with a wifebun and potentially get one for Arthur, but it will be sad to not have him here. I wish the garden was bigger so I could get them a wife each and keep all 4 but I have to think whats best for the bunnies and that just wouldn't be an option.

well, i think you have made a great,unselfish decision.Wish him love and luck from me, and dont forget, you will always be there.hes not going to be far from you.xx

i really admire you it must have been so hard parting with him but its for his best plus at least you know he will deffo be in good hands not some stranger. and youll get to see him x

Thank you all, it was a difficult decision but I know its the right one and I do feel relief.

The biggest problem I face is not telling my sister what to do all the time with him and to step back and let go. She is older than me and had rabbits all her life too but I just know I'll be there checking the litter tray is clean and checking his bum :lol:

Hi Kay

I think you're making a good decision for the sake of both bunnies. Sounds as tho he's gonna have a fab new home and as it's your Sister you will always be able to keep up to date with how he's doing.

If you are thinking of getting a wifey bun for your little boy this means that you will now be able to help a third bunny and that's a good thing - especially for the little girly bun that could end up with you as their bunny mummy.

Sounds like you are making the best decision for both bunnies. At least you will be able to see him often, and you know that your sister will really look after him!

Back