• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im Upset - my Foster Bun has a home!

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All

Some of you may have read my post a couple of days ago regarding my new foster bun. I have totally fallen in love with him due to his calm and loving nature. He has been so easy to look after and a damn site easier than my two girls, Willow and Harvey.

When the Rescue rang to ask if I would foster him, she said that someone had taken his brother but everyone was passing him up as they thought he was very plain. I personally think he is absolutely stunning with his lovely soft coat, dark eyes and his lovely long eyelashes - not to mention his top personality!

As soon as I collected him from the rescue I fell for him and when I got home my husband was the same, saying 'Why dont we just keep him?' I have been thinking the same over the last few days but the rescue contacted me tonight to say that a lady is having him and collecting him on Saturday. Apparently, it's gonna be a fab home for him so that makes me feel easier.

Not sure how Im gonna be taking him back Saturday morning but at least I will have been successful in fostering as I really thought I was gonna fold on this one!!

Here is the lovely boy, who my two year old daughter named 'Cucumber' today:

DSCF1750.jpg

DSCF1753.jpg

Wow - he is gorgeous! I wouldn't of given him back either. Is that the light, or do his ears have black bits across the top?

Carmen

Is he your first foster? Giving them up is never easy but, as you said, he's going to a great home and that always makes it easier to part with them. I'm sure the new owner will keep in touch with news and photos if you ask them too ... maybe even persuade them to join the forum - I still see loads of my old fosters that way! x

oh noo now I'm scared someone is going to adopt willow before I can firmly say s/he's mine!!! I'm sorry you didn't get to keep him!!!

Is he your first foster? Giving them up is never easy but, as you said, he's going to a great home and that always makes it easier to part with them. I'm sure the new owner will keep in touch with news and photos if you ask them too ... maybe even persuade them to join the forum - I still see loads of my old fosters that way! x

No, he's my second so Im still very new to it. Really thought I was gonna be a failure on this one! Will give the lady details of the forum - thanks, good idea - then maybe I can keep up to date with his progress. Will also mention that if it doesn't work out then to bring him straight back to me. lol

Am just gonna tell myself that Ive had the pleasure of his company for a couple of weeks, Ive done my bit for him and there are so many more bunnies that will come this way to be cared for whilst awaiting their forever home.

my first one was very hard mine was simon a stunning boy who has now got a loving wife willow in a loving new home i do miss him and my partner on seeing his brother percy (at janices) has made him go weak at the knees :lol: what is very nice though is that both new mommies are on line here and update with piccies(hint to the duchess :lol:, it makes me a little sad but also very happy that they are happy too,thats the good thing about rescues they vet and make sure they are going to good forever homes, linus was my foster bun but he was in a little state and now hes just been paired with another foster bun who has been waiting for a forever home for a while, there was no way i was letting linus go my fella wouldnt let me :lol: and im orf next week to pick up caroline from a rescue who will hopefully be a forever wife to my first own bun, either way its all rewarding

Passed over because he is plain? :shock: Are they mad... he's absolutely stunning.
See if you can persuade the new owner to come on here then you/we'll get regular updates (hopefully).

I fostered twice - the first one went to a loving home and the new owner (who came to meet the bun at my house prior to her homecheck) sent me updates and photos. The second one I failed with and she never left my house :oops: .

Am just gonna tell myself that Ive had the pleasure of his company for a couple of weeks, Ive done my bit for him and there are so many more bunnies that will come this way to be cared for whilst awaiting their forever home.

That's exactly how I look at it :) If I'd kept my first pair of foster bunnies then I would have helped 2 buns. But since October last year we've helped 18 instead! [Yes, we failed once and kept Sienna ... but we've parted with 14 and have 3 in at the moment!] I love fostering :D

Aww hun I feel for you :( I still cry when any of my fosters go to a new home :oops: Im an emotional, sensitive person anyway :oops: I do get so much joy having the foster bunnies in my life and like to think I have been a link in their journey to the best home and best life anybun can have :D

Back