• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RORY & TOYAH update - NOW WITH PICTURES!!

HelB

Warren Scout
Just a quick update. Well I think they are happy enough still, Toyah still grunts every so often but I ignore it as much as possible and stroke her anyway but I think this has upset Rory a little bit - the grunting. He's still as lovely as ever and still loves nose rubs and i'm hoping Toyah will realise they arent that bad either! They've been out on the grass plenty and when its been raining they've had a long run in the house. In fact I groomed Toyah for a while and she laid down on my lap, I think she is a lot more comfortable in the house. In fact my boyfriend thinks she may have been a house rabbit at some point because its as if she becomes a different rabbit. She loves laying behind the chair and closing her eyes - that is until Rory wakes her up and makes her play. They are funny to watch cos Rory loves sprinting up and down and she just looks at him disapprovingly until she decides to go for a hop - shes too cool for school I think,an image to maintain and all that! The only worrying thing that happened is one morning last week I woke up to a few chunks of fur (both) but I think this was because they had tipped the large litter tray up and it was blocking one part of the hutch and it probably made them a bit upset. I've bought 2 smaller litter trays instead and they both have their own and they have been clever rabbits. The only problem is putting them back into their hutch cos they just dont want to go! Fingers crossed they carry on being happy together and she gets a bit more human friendly. Ps. I took some photos but they are action shots of bums,i'll try again soon.

Last edited:
it sounds like they are getting on fine to me .... theres often a few little fur pulling scuffles with newly bonded buns ... in fact sometines even buns who have been together a long time will have a disagreement now and again ... its all to do with who is boss and keeping it that way ..;)

sounds like you are winning Toyah over too ... its still early days and she must like you as the lady who attemted to bond her before you couldnt stroke her at all let alone get her on her knee :D

keep up the good work ... and thank you for giving Toyah a chance at happiness .. :D :wave:

Angie x

Thats amazing, I would love to have my buns as proper house rabbits just because theres some much more space for running around then in the garden - our garden isnt safe enough for them to just roam around so have to have a pen :( Unfortunately I dont think my parents would like them in all the time, although we are hoping to get our own house in the next few months so they'll definately be in a lot more, if not living inside! My bf loves pets too, he's really good with them but has made me promise not to get carried away!!!

My parents have always said they didnt know where i get my animal fondness from cos they arent that bothered but my dad used to try and communicate with the guinea pigs I had when he thought no-one was listening and he laughs at Rory when he's sprinting round the sofa!!

Thats amazing, I would love to have my buns as proper house rabbits just because theres some much more space for running around then in the garden - our garden isnt safe enough for them to just roam around so have to have a pen :( Unfortunately I dont think my parents would like them in all the time, although we are hoping to get our own house in the next few months so they'll definately be in a lot more, if not living inside! My bf loves pets too, he's really good with them but has made me promise not to get carried away!!!

My parents have always said they didnt know where i get my animal fondness from cos they arent that bothered but my dad used to try and communicate with the guinea pigs I had when he thought no-one was listening and he laughs at Rory when he's sprinting round the sofa!!

You sound in a similar situation as me :)

My bf loves the buns but not as much as me, the buns have a huge patio area to run around in but they must be supervised - I got one bun on the lawn in a run and the other on the patio at the same time.

My parents aren't keen and I can't bring them indoors, but as soon as we get a place I want them as conservatory buns at least :D

Yeah sounds like it, my parents dont mind them coming in but wouldnt like them to be house bunnies. Saying that though they did let the guineas live inside in winter when we had them and they love seeing rory running up and down and playing behind the sofa. I think they are probably worried about the damage they would cause - chewing etc when we're not looking! I'm happy letting them live in the garden for now but i'm hoping to move out before Christmas and I can't wait! My b/f is a really animal lover, he's got a hamster called Bea but i'm sure he must get sick of me going on about my bunnies but he doesnt say anything bless him!

Yeah sounds like it, my parents dont mind them coming in but wouldnt like them to be house bunnies. Saying that though they did let the guineas live inside in winter when we had them and they love seeing rory running up and down and playing behind the sofa. I think they are probably worried about the damage they would cause - chewing etc when we're not looking! I'm happy letting them live in the garden for now but i'm hoping to move out before Christmas and I can't wait! My b/f is a really animal lover, he's got a hamster called Bea but i'm sure he must get sick of me going on about my bunnies but he doesnt say anything bless him!

LOL :lol: my bf loves the buns, but it feels like it's always me who cleans their messes up :( I did say to him before we got the buns, we have to both make an equal effort... :?

I'm hoping to start renting in October time, the housing market is going to keep sliding downhill so provided you've got at least 10% hidden away you'll be OK, - we have around that stashed away over 5 years of savings but we don't want to lose out so we're waiting until end 2009 at least now x

Pictures now added!

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

Here ya go, if you click quote on this post you can see the code and copy it for future pics.

edit: awww, they're gorgeous buns.

Back