• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My bunnies fur on her feet is yellow and her nails sharp...

NitroNinja

Young Bun
Like the topic says i have two problems. My buns fur on her feet is yellow I suspect its from stepping in the pee in her litter box how would I clean her feet? I have bunny shampoo but I know she will kick if I try to clean them. I also have a problem with nail cutting. They are getting sharp and they scratch when my bun kicks. She will kick I bet if i try to trim them so how do you suggest I do it?

When you turn her upside down if she struggles hold her close and gently blow on her face it has a carming affect on then , also try and wear a thick coat so if she scratches it will protect you , if she really struggles turn her backon her front let her calm down and then try again and talk to her in a soothing voice to calm her . They never like having there nails kicked or there feet wiped but it has to be done . Maybe you could get someone elst to help you but with these tips it should be ok and has worked on my most nervous buns , try just when your holding her to cradle her upside down without doing anything so she gets used to it , when you turn buns upside down they go in a trance. Hope this helps:wave:

what do you mean carming do you mean calming? And does blowing on their face put them in the trance i have heard you are supposed to rub their cheeks and nose area at the same time to trance them?

sorry my spelling is terrible i type to fast , yes i do mean calming , blowing them on the face just sooths them i have no idea why , when we were at shows your bunny had to behave when being turned upside down and we were just told to hold them for several min's and it seems to work , rubbing there cheeks and nose does work to but not all rabbits are to keen on those area's being touched .

Back