• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit repellent!

sarattie

Alpha Buck
Having redecorated and furnished our living room, if Harvey takes an interest in nibbling at the bottoms I am going to be forced to have him outside permanently. And seeing as that is not an option for my spoiled house bun....

has anyone found any good products which i can spray on the curtain bottoms and sofa corners which may deter him from tasting them?

Usually he chews things that are in his way, and seeing as the curtains are infront of the patio doors to the garden, its likely that he may chew the bottoms :(

any help in advance would be appreciated!!!!

There are sprays and the like, but what might work for one won't work for another.

Someone suggested to me plain white ivory soap and run it along the area where the bun chews and once they've had a taste they won't go back.

Anyone tried it or worried it'll do the rabbit harm?

?? Anyone??

Ill try the soap idea.. Ive not seen any sprays etc??

Seems that no one else on here has had a prob with house rabbits chewing furniture!!! *shocked*

:roll::lol:

ive got loads of problems with curtains, wires and fireplaces however i havnt found anything and its too late now the damage has been done :lol: all we can do is make sure they dont go into the "precious corner"where our important things are wired like sky and internet lol

I tried a pet deterrent spray when my two were indoors but it didn't work. The only thing that put them off was rubbing Vicks chest rub along surfaces. My two were wood nibblers though. Not sure you'd want Vicks rubbed in your curtains and sofa!

?? Anyone??

Ill try the soap idea.. Ive not seen any sprays etc??

Seems that no one else on here has had a prob with house rabbits chewing furniture!!! *shocked*

:roll::lol:

i have that problem and its driving me INSANE. Captain has destroyed one of my dvd box sets - i'd tell him off - but he's sooooo cute!

i'll try the soap idea - i tried chewwa stoppa spray but he just licks it off

Back