• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tip for those that get their hay in bales...

... get a plastic sheet, like the ones in B&Q or asda, that are designed to protect furniture and carpets during painting jobs

roll the bale in the plastic sheet before putting it in the car

once home put the whole lot in a wheelie bin (cleaned of course), the bin and plastic combined keep the moisture out and takes up little space

gues who got some fresh hay this weekend ? ;)

I have a garden table cover to put mine in which I paid lots of money for at the pound shop :lol: I got a new bale on Thursday ... and it is still in the car!

Yup i usually need a hoover for my car :lol:
I put mine in old horse feeds bags of which i got about 5 of and i put 2 bags worths in their kennel..

I got a big van!

I've got nine bales in there at the mo plus a bale of Readigrass, one Megazorb and a 10kg bag of Science. It's like a shed on wheels:lol: Doesn't matter about the mess luckily. The problem is that I have just been gifted a shed on Freecycle and will have to empty it all out to collect it. Still, I hope it'll be worth it as it's either going to be more bunny accommodation (if the condition is good enough) or a rubbish store (if it isn't!).:D

i assume the wheelie bin is in the shade surely it would sweat would it ? i just put mine on pallets that i get for free, still trying to work out if i can make a run out of untreated pallets :?

I just use Andys car its got a big boot and saves me the job of cleaning it out:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just use Andys car its got a big boot and saves me the job of cleaning it out:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ohh... i like your thinking!!

I use on of those yellow hippo rubbish bags things!! Seems to work well :D Just about fits into the boot of my car!

Hannah

I have a huge sheet that covers the back of my car for transport... then it all goes in the shed hehe, and the sheet gets rolled up... bits an all hehe!! awesome idea about the duvet cover though!!:lol:

Back