• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

three week old baba bunny advice please

Stephanie Cutler

Warren Scout
Ickle bunny arrived at the sanctuary form the PDSA in Huyton yesterday. Obviously bun is now running around in a pen in my kitchen:roll: You should see the faces on the other bunnies i have to keep reassuring them that they are still cute!
We have not had a bun this young before so i was just wondering if there was any advice from experienced bunny midwives.

Bunny arrived in the PDSA nurses house unfortunatly via the cat bringing her in. She is VERY confident and mischivious.
She ( i say she as no name yet) fits in the palm of your hand:love:
We think she is a dwarf but by golly these are sum big ears!

Bunny is happily eating excel junior and loves hay. She also does quite big poos but i thinks thats to do with the good food.
She has had a tiny bit of cabbage, carrot, apple and cellery. but i dnt want to upset her tummy.

Trying not to ruin this one as i think we are on to a good thing with the excel food most of the other bunnies refuse to eat it and after a few hours i start to worry about stasis. They realy do have to be babied!
Is there any big NO NOs is should know about?

All advice appreciated:wave:

Steph and disgruntled furrys

Only three weeks old! I don't have much knowledge on this I'm afriad.

Hopefully someone else will see and reply x

i think normally 8 weeks is about right for leaving mum...is this a wildie baby? or a domestic baby?..... re read post its a dmestic...i would ring around the area breeders vets etc see if anyone knows where she came from originally if you can find out id try and get her back to mum.... sorry if this not help much good luck xx

Ickle bunny arrived at the sanctuary form the PDSA in Huyton yesterday. Obviously bun is now running around in a pen in my kitchen:roll: You should see the faces on the other bunnies i have to keep reassuring them that they are still cute!
We have not had a bun this young before so i was just wondering if there was any advice from experienced bunny midwives.

Bunny arrived in the PDSA nurses house unfortunatly via the cat bringing her in. She is VERY confident and mischivious.
She ( i say she as no name yet) fits in the palm of your hand:love:
We think she is a dwarf but by golly these are sum big ears!

Bunny is happily eating excel junior and loves hay. She also does quite big poos but i thinks thats to do with the good food.
She has had a tiny bit of cabbage, carrot, apple and cellery. but i dnt want to upset her tummy.

Trying not to ruin this one as i think we are on to a good thing with the excel food most of the other bunnies refuse to eat it and after a few hours i start to worry about stasis. They realy do have to be babied!
Is there any big NO NOs is should know about?

All advice appreciated:wave:

Steph and disgruntled furrys

I'm sorry I have no advice to help but I'm sure someone will be along soon!

Just wanted to say a big "Yay! :wave:" from a Huyton lass! :D

I hope the little bun will okay, it does sound like she's having a good start though with that appetite!

She must be older then because when i got the phone call i was expecting to have to get the cat version of lactol - i forget the name- and nurse her. She is demestic bunny is gingery with white patches. Im wondering if she was possibly the strongest in the littler and has escaped. obviously we are very concerned about wherever the remaining bunnies are. I have had so many people who belive its ok just to let the babies into the wild:censored: This bunny prolly walked right up to the cat! i hope she has escaped and they havnt let the whole litter go. We are making enquiries also.

The main thing with baby buns is diet change. And you don't know what this one was eating beforehand.

So I would of keep him/her on plain hay to start with, then slowly add a little bunny food every day to introduce it. And keep an eye on toilet make sure he doesn't get upset tum.

Keep up the good work.

Back