PDA

View Full Version : biting

kerrib1985
20-07-2008, 02:13 PM
has anyone else got a rabbit that bites Rosie who i handle everyday has started to bite me she does love to chew everything but i was just holding her to bring her in and and she has bit me and drawen blood

AnnaDelie
20-07-2008, 02:31 PM
She probably hates being handled and carried - like most buns do..

I would put her in a carrier to take her from a to b and give some nibbles to give her a good incentive

kerrib1985
20-07-2008, 02:47 PM
thanks i will try that nxt time.
also iv just had a look at her a i think she is a he. im not great at sexing rabbits so im no sure, but she does also kick her back legs thumping. do girls do this a well as iv got to boys and they do it but my other girl doesnt.

harpo
20-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Both my females thump with there back legs one is also quite nervous and feisty, she tries to nip if i pick her up and she sometimes growls, if i sit with her she hops onto my lap and loves to have a cuddle - just shows aggression when being picked up, i always use a carrier now to take her to a seperate run in the garden and she is happy with this.

racheld69
20-07-2008, 03:20 PM
how old is she/he? is she neutered? if you squeal when she bites that will tell her it hurts in bunny language.

AnnaDelie
20-07-2008, 04:10 PM
If you put his/her bum on the floor, so that they can't kick out and have a look between the legs, if it's a boy there should be two small lumps either side of the genitalia, for females there is only a small slit.. if you're not comfortable doing this I would check with the vets x