• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

biting

kerrib1985

Young Bun
has anyone else got a rabbit that bites Rosie who i handle everyday has started to bite me she does love to chew everything but i was just holding her to bring her in and and she has bit me and drawen blood

She probably hates being handled and carried - like most buns do..

I would put her in a carrier to take her from a to b and give some nibbles to give her a good incentive

thanks i will try that nxt time.
also iv just had a look at her a i think she is a he. im not great at sexing rabbits so im no sure, but she does also kick her back legs thumping. do girls do this a well as iv got to boys and they do it but my other girl doesnt.

Both my females thump with there back legs one is also quite nervous and feisty, she tries to nip if i pick her up and she sometimes growls, if i sit with her she hops onto my lap and loves to have a cuddle - just shows aggression when being picked up, i always use a carrier now to take her to a seperate run in the garden and she is happy with this.

If you put his/her bum on the floor, so that they can't kick out and have a look between the legs, if it's a boy there should be two small lumps either side of the genitalia, for females there is only a small slit.. if you're not comfortable doing this I would check with the vets x

Back