• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small Dark Poo

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
What would cause small dark poo?

Bert is having a huge moult...could this be the cause of small hard dark poo?
Although presumably they could have dried out before i found them.

I only have pineapple in juice in a jar, could he have some juice/pineaplle from there?

Try to get him to eat some more hay if you can. Also plenty of fluids if he is having a moult to keep things going.

I tend to buy a pineapple, cut a slice and then squeeze it to make sure it is fresh juice as mine won't eat a piece. Elve also recommends Bromelain tablets (pineapple flavour) from the health shop to help keep things moving.

My boy's been exactly the same lately. He's still not quite finished moulting - has been tufty for about 2-3 months now and has produced small, uneven, hard and dark poos for most of that time. I've done everything possible to up his fibre intake, reduced his pellets and even reduced the veg coz he was filling up on that and leaving the hay. Some days his poos are normal and other days they're on the small/hard side again. I try to brush him but it really doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. I'm hoping things will be back to normal once the last of the moult has gone. He's fine in himself though.

I have just spent half an hour pulling fur out of Pickle.... he looks very scruffy but rather he not end up eating it!! It all blew round the garden and has now disappeared :lol::lol::lol:

Back