• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some joke!!! U/D they have been neutered 2day!

**lexi**

Warren Scout
Oh my god,i got up this morning to find storm had been put in ollies cage....:evil:
my brother turned up a little drunk last night and asked to crash on my sofa,and apparently he and his mate thought it would be hilarious after id gone to bed to put a male and female rabbit together....just for a laugh of course:evil:and then leave them together all night.
I am so angry and my brother is feeling a bit of an idiot this morning but he doesnt realise the problems he may have caused.

Last edited:
uh oh...a) are they neutered?
b) did they bond ok with no injurys?

no they arent neutered,but the buns are ok,all loved up it seems :?
my brother is feeling rather guilty tho and has offered to pay to have them done.and pay for their upkeep if we end up with babies :shock:

good so he should!!! i would seperate them immediatly in case so far you have been lucky.

Yes ive seperated them now...i asked my brother if he seen any funny buisness between them and he admitted he had.
is there still a chance that she wont be pregnant...as ive already got 5 babies!

Oh my god,i got up this morning to find storm had been put in ollies cage....:evil:
my brother turned up a little drunk last night and asked to crash on my sofa,and apparently he and his mate thought it would be hilarious after id gone to bed to put a male and female rabbit together....just for a laugh of course:evil:and then leave them together all night.
I am so angry and my brother is feeling a bit of an idiot this morning but he doesnt realise the problems he may have caused.
:shock::shock::evil::evil:I would have killed him

There is a very high chance she is pregnant. Rabbits don't have seasons so they are fertile all the time. Mating only takes a few seconds. My recommendation would be to book her in for an emergency spay next week.

Tam

If you are not able to accomodate/afford another 4+ Rabbits then I would take your Doe to the Vet tomorrow to discuss whether your Vet would be prepared to spay her straight away.
It is so upsetting to read how this situation appears to keep happpening with different people on here of late :? :(
I suggest you make your brother aware of the exact consequences of his stupidity ( albeit whilst drunk ). Perhaps him and his equally daft mate might like to pay for your Doe's spay..............

I agree with Jane. IMO an emergency spay would be the best thing all round....
unless she is still nursing the previous litter :?

Im gonna get her seen by the vet asap,all at my brothers expense of course.
I cannot bare the thought of her going through the trauma of giving birth....but im also worried about her having an emergency spay :cry:

Im gonna get her seen by the vet asap,all at my brothers expense of course.
I cannot bare the thought of her going through the trauma of giving birth....but im also worried about her having an emergency spay :cry:

Well getting the spay done ASAP will be less risky than in a more advanced pregnancy.
Good luck with the Vet consult

I agree with Jane. IMO an emergency spay would be the best thing all round....
unless she is still nursing the previous litter :?

No she has never had a litter...that was my other doe that was already pregnant when i got her...she was housed with a male all her life without being spayed!!!

An emergency spay a few days after the fact is no different/higher risk than a normal spay :) It's just called emergency as there is a bit of ergency to getting it done :)

As Jane has said getting her speyed ASAP is definately a better option than leaving it and getting this done in a few weeks time, it is far less risky now. Leaving her to give birth would leave your with the problems of having to find homes for these babies, not an easy task I can tell you, have a look at the ARC website and we have lots of babies still looking for homes :(

As Jane has said getting her speyed ASAP is definately a better option than leaving it and getting this done in a few weeks time, it is far less risky now. Leaving her to give birth would leave your with the problems of having to find homes for these babies, not an easy task I can tell you, have a look at the ARC website and we have lots of babies still looking for homes :(

Yeah i just made my brother look at all the rescue bunnies needing homes to make him realise just how stupid he has been :cry:

along with making him pay for the spay, i would make him pay for some treats for all your buns, and a night out for you for making you go through all this stress, :)shame on him and his mate tut:evil:

along with making him pay for the spay, i would make him pay for some treats for all your buns, and a night out for you for making you go through all this stress, :)shame on him and his mate tut:evil:

Oh yes i will make sure he pays for his stupidity...it will be the most expensive prank he has ever pulled let me tell you!!!

Back