• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do you spend with your buns?

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
Does anyone have a single outdoor bun?

I do, but he's not outside through any fault of his or mine! :roll: He is in a run if I am at work but when I'm off at weekends or holidays (I work in a school so there are a few of them :)) he's free range in the garden. I was wondering how much time you actually spend playing or being with them?

- every morning at 7am before work, i will change their padding, refill their food (both hay and those diet pallets) and refill their water.

- every evening at 6pm after work, i will walk them down to the apartment playground (around 10-20minutes). When its all done, i spent about additional 30-40 minutes combing them ensuring none of carpet or marble's hair is dangled and apply this ear cleaning thingy so that their ears wont get infected.

- every saturday at 9am, i will bring them to the public garden for a walk (around 1-2 hours) where they get 'mauled' by the crowd. By the time they reach home, they're too tired to do anything else. So....snooze~

- sunday -> church time for me
no walking in the garden. they'd rather sleep anyways.

PS: for those super sensitive peeps, i might as well just tell them not to take the word 'mauled' too seriously. You know how it is when people see rabbits in public. Some kids keeps bugging their parents 'cause they want them, some just keeps patting, some just keeps feeding..... all that stuff.

I try and bring him in for a couple of hours in the evening, or sit out with him if it's fine, for company - I'm really not happy with having a single outdoor rabbit but I'm not in a position to get him a companion till september.the more time the better though - even 6 hours companionship would still mean 18 hours alone

I only have one single bunny and that's Nibbles, she has freerun of upstairs, she does sit by the baby gate and tries to bite Beatrix so not totally alone, they have a poo off too :roll:, I did try and bond her but she was far to aggressive with other bunnies and she is tiny so she would end up beat up. She is happy enough and spends a lot of her sleeping.

Both my bunnies are singletons. Between me and my partner we spend about 8hours interacting with them. My partner stays with them in the morning for a few hours and again late afternoon and I spend all evening with them. Even if its raining or is cold. During the winter we bring them in for a few hours each although careful not to warm them up too much otherwise it would be bad for them when they went back outside.

Our only single bun lives inside with us, and we spend a lot of time with him as we are both able to work from home.

while chelsea was single (she is re single again after falling out with sooty but they live next to each other and can intereact through cages but not hurt each other.)

she is an odd rabbit who always hated human company if you sit in the garden with her she will come 2 ft away then if you move towards her will wait to seee if you giving her food but if you try and stroke her will nudge you away if you continue to stroke her will stretch get up and litrally crawl away not hop or run like normal. until she is out of your reach.she is a daft rabbit who only likes rabbit company but seems to be more piccy with age.... she is now 10 years old and a loverly girl goes in when you tell her and has fantastic accomodation mum often sits in the garden and she likes to be near you but hates to be stroked she looks up if you say her name and talk to her tho. its so hard to interact with her cuz she ates stroking and picking up.... we did buy her toys but she isnt interested in anything not natural so she has logs to hop over and has a tower of blocks of wood which she enjoys knocking over (bunny jenga) and sticks and flower pots bless her, she was lonely im sure but seems happy to have another bun around(sooty) provided she isnt in "her space" she enjoys company at a distance... and regarding her becoming a house rabbit she hates being inside her breathing gets heavy and she runs paniced and hates it soo much that we conceeded and she has an extension(wooden like a shed) of house leading to a run then free range in garden while mum home. she such an odd ball. previous single buns i have had outdoors who enjoyed human company i made sure i treid to be with them for a bit each day tho again they had another bunny the other side of the fence t o "talk to"

Ive got two pairs and a single. the single girl im trying to bond with Belle and perry so at the minute they have separate pens and cages but are next to each other and can see each other so arent alone as such. I then have my other pair in the back bedroom. Each pair and the single I bring down separately in the evening for a couple of hours each in the front room with us during the week. At weekends again they all come down separately but throughout the day too.

They are perfectly happy and absolutely love their time without me during the day to chill and sleep. They hate weekends and school holidays cos im there and clearly disturb their usual routine of sleeping, drinking and eating. And dont they let me know it! Proper deathstares :lol::lol::lol:

Back