• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there such a thing as period for female rabbit?

Stalvros

Warren Scout
Because marble's **** is kinda mushy~
Either she has diarrhea or period?
i don't know~

she seems fine though, like still eating fine
and drinking water and still responds to my
calling and all~

if her pooh is sticky then you might consider feeding less pellets and more hay untill it gets back to normal, rabbits don't have periods so I am hoping there is no blood in the pooh, that would need to be checked out!

if her pooh is sticky then you might consider feeding less pellets and more hay untill it gets back to normal, rabbits don't have periods so I am hoping there is no blood in the pooh, that would need to be checked out!

ummm, the NEWER poo isn't sticky.
like i saw it today as it came out of marble's.....
(ok, im going to stop there)

but yeah, its just stains that she might've stepped
on maybe. Like this old 'wet' patch of bleh which i cleaned
up with some wet tissues.

as for their diet, i've always fed them 70% hay and 30% palletes.

Rabbits don't bleed, if your bunny is bleeding then there is something wrong, is there a chance she could be pregnant, I had a nightmare last week with a similar problem? If not then you need to think about uterine cancer if she's not neutered, she could need a spay asap.

Is it a caecotroph (sp?)

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&sa=G

if so, she needs a better fibre diet, really 30% pellets is too much for an adult bun, how old is she? Mine are on a diet with only a few pellets loads of hay and daily veg.:)

ummm, once in a while they have that.
not THAT long though.
like i noticed a few that got stuck on the cage bottom.

so 30% palletes is a lot?
marble and carpet are both 3 months old.
how much ratio would you recommend then?

i only stuck with 30-70 as that's what the vet told
me to give them

Back