• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My friend says it gross that

Crazyt123

Alpha Buck
If someone is eating a fruit like a banana or apple or what ever and we'll share it with him he'll only eat abit of it and run off and we will eat the rest of it .my friend was so grossed out by it but to us its normal. Do any of you share with your bun like this or is my fam just weird?

I share like that.

Unlike a lot of animals, rabbits can't give us diseases I think there's two which are rare to get), and generally don't have worms either.

If someone is eating a fruit like a banana or apple or what ever and we'll share it with him he'll only eat abit of it and run off and we will eat the rest of it .my friend was so grossed out by it but to us its normal. Do any of you share with your bun like this or is my fam just weird?

Kinda, I usually pick off bit by bit to give to the bun, they don't have slobbery saliva, so I guess it doesn't seem too gross :lol:

lol i do!! i just kinda offer it to them to see if they like it although most of the time they end up taking it all off me. myxi ate some of my fab lolly the other day and i was about to just carry on eating but spotted my O/H looking at me so i decided not to eat it all. :oops:

i don't really have a choice. if i have fruit, Carlton's going to get at it wether i like it or not. :roll: :lol:

Personally I wouldn't do it - a bun licks their bums to clean themselves and I'm sorry, how much I love my buns I do not want to share their poo germs on my food from their mouths.

I certainly wouldnt let the rabbit directly bite the food I was eating, and then I eat the rest....but i do break off a piece of any fruit/veg I'm eating and give it to them. Otherwise, they just pester me, because they know I've got it. One day I spent fifteen minutes lying on my back, with sorrel on my neck/throat, holding a nectarine in the air, because she had smelt it and raced up my front:shock:

*but* the otehr day sorrel pulled down a loaf of bread and took a couple of bites from the crust, I put it back in the breadbin meaning to trim that bit off when I'd put her upstairs, but my housemate ate it before I got the chance :oops: :oops: :oops:

Personally I wouldn't do it - a bun licks their bums to clean themselves and I'm sorry, how much I love my buns I do not want to share their poo germs on my food from their mouths.

And it's amazing the number of people that don't wash their hands after visiting the bathroom; but you still touch the same door handle, shake their hand, borrow their pen or sit at the same hot desk a few hours later...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :thumb:

I certainly wouldnt let the rabbit directly bite the food I was eating, and then I eat the rest....but i do break off a piece of any fruit/veg I'm eating and give it to them. Otherwise, they just pester me, because they know I've got it. One day I spent fifteen minutes lying on my back, with sorrel on my neck/throat, holding a nectarine in the air, because she had smelt it and raced up my front:shock:

*but* the otehr day sorrel pulled down a loaf of bread and took a couple of bites from the crust, I put it back in the breadbin meaning to trim that bit off when I'd put her upstairs, but my housemate ate it before I got the chance :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: yeah, i break it off but there's no way i could ever eat fruit without sacrificing a small bit for the needs of a bunneh tummeh! :lol:

And it's amazing the number of people that don't wash their hands after visiting the bathroom; but you still touch the same door handle, shake their hand, borrow their pen or sit at the same hot desk a few hours later...

vomit-smiley-007.gif
vomit-smiley-007.gif
vomit-smiley-007.gif

that makes me feel ill! :lol: i never touch public handles, pedestrian crossing buttons or cash point buttons, the thought of it actually makes me heave! :lol:

I do!! Id rather share with them then with my sisters and family :oops: just cause I spend more time with the buns then people I guess:lol::lol:

Well we certainly always wash our hands after using the bathroom and before we are doing anything that involves animals and/or food, we wont use public toilets, I carry my own pen to take bookings down with, dont have to worry about sharing a desk as we are self employed and we carry antibac handwash with us so we can clean our hands between customers pets etc:D

I touch public doorhandles and so on, but I would wash my hands before putting them in my own mouth - which is the equivalent of eating food a rabbit has licked. Its probably a pretty small chance of them giving you anything but I'd rather not risk it. Would be interesting to know what the chance is though I guess.

My cat sleeps on my bed and I know for a fact she doesn't wash her paws after she's been to the kitty-lit. I'm still here :lol:.

I agree with foxyfaerie. We're probably immune to our own pets germs just not other peoples pets.

And no I haven't shared that way cos I'd be as much concerned about what they could get from us too. Not that I know of anything yet that can be passed between us, I'm just a cautious person. Must admit I'm tempted to ry it, not sure I'd get my fruit back though off my two buns:lol:.

I let my birds and my buns share my food and I sometimes like to lick my rabbits eyes :oops::oops: they like it

i still lremember my first bunny lucky please be aware at the time i was around 9years old and we knew nothing about rabbits

my little brother used to sit in garden eating ice cream and lucky would lick it and they would take turns eating it :s lol but she really had a sweet tooth she would eat chocolate cake with me too.

recently i have found that snowy loves fab lolly (some fell off mine and droped onto the floor!!!) so she now gets a tiny bit now and again. i always share apple banana or veg we having with a meal (they get uncooked and i get cooked!!! lol)

Back