• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed attempt at bonding ...

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Moo & Liquorice!!

They were in together about 1 minute and I had to take them out!! They were flying up in the air locked into each other. One of them sh*t themselves and it was flying all over when they were fighting. Liquorice lost loads of fur!!

I'm guessing that is not normal? :roll:

I think I'll leave it to someone who knows what they are doing!! Any volunteers!!

Can you tell us a little more:

What sexes are they?
How old are they?
How long have they been neutered?
Have any of them been on the place where you put them today ?
Are they both healthy?
Have they met each other previously?
If they have been together previously what happened?
Was anything in the area used by any of them previously?

Awwww sorry things haven,t worked out:cry:
I would be far to scared to try bond myself,i am a right wuss.

Oh I am sorry its not working, I know how you feel :cry: our girls are sisters and after 15 months now hate the site of each other. We have had them spayed and seperated them for there own safety but they even go for each other through the cage wire! someone suggested a long car ride to quieten them down before we try introducing them again, we havent tried it yet. After that we are going to try taking them on neutral ground and if that fails I have been told a rescue down the road from us will try to bond them for us.

:wave: Hi there, the car trick worked for us week before last. Ours had been bonded away but 48h after bringing them home there were dominance issues. The car trip ( 20 mins ) did the trick but put them somewhere neutral first for a day.
Good luck with bonding.:D

Can you tell us a little more:

What sexes are they?
How old are they?
How long have they been neutered?
Have any of them been on the place where you put them today ?
Are they both healthy?
Have they met each other previously?
If they have been together previously what happened?
Was anything in the area used by any of them previously?

They are male and female, 2 year old male, and about 9 month female. He's been neutered about a year, she's been done 10 days.
They are both healthy, and have met each other through bars before, and they just sniffed each other nicely.
The area has been used by both of them before as I don't have somewhere neither of them have been before. I did bleach it though before hand and I put them in the run in the conservatory - both have been in conservatory, but neither have been in the run in the conservatory!

Maybe it would have been better on totally neutral territory?

I think totally neutral territory is best, bonding mine wasn't much fun so I gave up and kept one in the house and the other outside until the new hutch arrived then just plonked them both in it and they've been together ever since.

My 2 week bonded couple, un-bonded yesterday after 1 week of settled bonding. I let them in the run which is non-neutral territory. They had been good all week, but after 30 minutes it all kicked off and there were injuries. It was definately territorial fight.

Where did you get second bun from? If it was a rescue they maybe able to help with re-bonding them. My 2 have gone to rescue today to be re-bonded. Naughty bunnies. :no:

is the general consensus then, that if two bonded buns have a fight all is not lost?

I had two boys together, after neutering I bonded them, they were fine for a week, then they had a fight, gave them a day apart then they were friends again. Then after a month they had a big scrap.

I'm keeping them separate and thinking about getting them girlfriends (which isn't ideal but I don't want them alone).

But does anyone think it is worth trying to rebond them?

Back