• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Swimming Rabbits

remember in some TV shows, that they interview a dog's owner who scuba dives? The owner build a special scuba diving gear for the dog, and he really loves it. I vaguely recall his name is Muddy.

not swimming but i used to put a baby bath out for my rabbit in summer(rip now) lucky who was an english rabbit she used to jump into the water and it wasnt deep so just her paws were wet really when she was hot then hop back out again all of her own free will she wouldnt have

i had to bathe big's feet once in the bath as he has stood in somthing rather suspicious in the garden, and heeeeeee hated it, i gave linus my mini rex a shower earlier in the week, i put a towel in the bottom of the bath, put the shower head on slow warm/tepid water like rain i suppose and he looooooooved it, no running away, not frozen stiff just really relaxed, i mainly did it to ease his sores he has at the moment,

when Carlton went through a weird obsessive stage, he would sit in the shower with me, out of the direct spray but he would be wet from the fine mist.

he had a wazz in the wrong corner of his crate the other day and had to have a foot bath because his back feet were wet. a little warm water in the bath just to clean his feet, he doesn't seem to mind it, as long as he can keep his front paws on my hand.

there's a few videos of swimming bunnies on youtube - i'm sure the pic on DR is a video still - i'm sure that bun just floats in the water, it just doesn't move at all, bizarre!

when Carlton went through a weird obsessive stage, he would sit in the shower with me, out of the direct spray but he would be wet from the fine mist.

he had a wazz in the wrong corner of his crate the other day and had to have a foot bath because his back feet were wet. a little warm water in the bath just to clean his feet, he doesn't seem to mind it, as long as he can keep his front paws on my hand.

there's a few videos of swimming bunnies on youtube - i'm sure the pic on DR is a video still - i'm sure that bun just floats in the water, it just doesn't move at all, bizarre!

Wazz, lauralou you dont half crack me up girl! :lol:
Amber is forever trying to jump in the bath when the taps are on.

I've heard of bunnys having hydro therepy like cats and dogs and they can swim quite well I think.....they just don't often do it. If the rabbit can get in and out without disress and of their own accord I'm fine with it...it must be a nice way to cool down in the very hot USA summers. If the bunny has no way of getting out of it's own accord, is distressed etc etc then :censored:

oscar wanted in of the paddling pool so we lifted him in and he swam but we called him and he lolloped out...we emptied it so he could touch bottom and he coyuldnt manage in all the way by himself we had to lift his back foot each time but he got out himself every time..it was a few summers back..sooooooo hot for sooo long...and then we put bif in tentaviely and she jumped free and swam! she loved it..she sat there paws on the edge listening to our old next door neighbours talking with their friends in the garden..and she was bobbing up and down then swam a bit more then liked bobbing up and down...oscar called oher out and she followed him first time she got stuck after that she loved it.

shes a sticky bum bun and soemtimes it was so bad i had to fill the handbasin with warm water and special shampoo etc and bathe her bum..she didnt struggle she relaxed..she put her paws up on the back betweent taps and just chileld letting the water bob her bum up and down..she loved it. never had to hold her still she never jumped she loved it too much. in a deep bowl too she relaxes its not fear she actually relaxes..shes so odd..we call her the furry mermaid:lol::lol:

not had to bathe ehr for a long while now thankfully..but in the heat im tempted to get the pool out and put a few inches in it...just for her...and the cats:lol::lol: yup a shower isnt a private thing in this house anhymore!

bif likes paddling to make her feet wet ive never known a bunny like it apartf rom oscar..he used to dip his paws in the drinking bowl and wash his face too....aww

odd how some buns dont fear water..im presuming its cos in bifs case the erescue may havehad to sort her bum out washing it a lot..like bandit did...but he hated the water..unless oyu sat his bum in it then he calemed down but wasnt happy unlike our furry mermaid:lol:

One of my girls used to actively seek out my pond so she could go for a swim :lol:

Two of our buns at the moment regularly 'paddle' around my pond, its so thick with plants its like a sponge :roll:

Back