• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SOOOO angry!

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
I just cannot stop thinking about what happened yesterday...

When I caught Hunny months ago (my first bunny, she was wandering loose around the streets), I got some help from 3 lads that were younger and faster then me. I thanked them, gave them some pocket money and said they were welcome to visit Hunny if they wanted.

Well, this one lad, kinda attached himself to us. He lives with his nan, says he doesn't have a mum or dad, etc. He has tried to push my husband out and worm his way into our family, interrupting our mealtimes, asking me to cook for him, asking me for pocket money as his nan is 'short' this week, etc.:?

Well, he hadn't seen him for a few weeks, then he turned up yesterday.
Whenever he comes around, he wants to climb in the run, and the buns get upset, so I put a stop to this. I put the padlock on the run when he is here, and put a new padlock on the back gate in case he comes to the back gate.

Anyway, he came round yesterday, as I was getting ready to go out with my sisters. He said "I reckon you've got too many rabbits, and technically one of them is mine anyway, as I caught her." He wanted Hunny!

I tried to patiently explain the costs involved in having a rabbit, while firmly explaining that Hunny is my rabbit and she's going nowhere.:evil: In response to the neuter/vaccinate/clean daily/healthcheck/vets, lecture, he said "Oh, I wouldn't bother with all that, what about those ones..." he pointed at Maggie and Nicholas and asked if they were neutered and vaccinated and said "I'll have one of them then.":shock::shock:

Thank goodness I'd padlocked the runs, cos he started trying to figure out the combination and said he'd wait until I left it unlocked and help himself! :shock:

I know he's just trying to upset me, and that he thinks that's the normal way to behave, but I could've swung for him! :evil: Now I'm so paranoid, I couldn't stop thinking about it all night while I was out. I'm sooo angry with him!

Carmen

OMG!! Not surprised you're angry and upset, and what a good thing you put a padlock on the runs. Sounds like this lad is actually seeking the family he doesn't have, which is sad but ultimately he has no right to intrude on your life in this way. If you know where he lives perhaps you could try talking to his grandmother about the way he behaves, or his school may be able to help if you approach them about it. Good luck! Sounds really difficult :(

Next time you see him I'd point out that taking them would be theft and you'd have no problem reporting him to the police. It might even be worth phoning your local safer neighbourhood police officer (phone the local station and ask for the name/contact) and getting a log made of the threat. Then if he does try anything you've a record he threatened. They could also have a word but I don't know if that would make it better of worse.

Tam

How old is this boy?I am wondering wether you should say to him that you are going to speak to his nan about his behaviour,or tell him that he is no longer welcome to visit because of the way he has spoken to you.If this upsets him then you can explain to him that they are your rabbits,and he if he still wishes to visit then it has to be on your terms.I dont suppose his nan knows that he is being a pain.My sons are 13 and 10 and i would not want them pestering people and being rude.You were being kind to him and he is taking advantage.I would keep the gate padlocked and not let him in again

Thanks guys

He is 11 years old, but he hangs round with kids much older. I think he is trying to make this 'his' family, he's even told my boys they can call him their big brother! :shock:
I spoke to his Nan some time ago, explaining who I was, as I was a little concerned that he was spending hours at my house, just incase she was worried about who this woman was, and where he was. But she didn't seem to care! His younger sister answered the door, filthy and dirty, she's only 4 years old and the language I heard from the grandmother through the door, well... :shock::shock::shock:
I think I'm just gonna have to put him off if he comes back and deal with it myself. :roll:

Carmen

OMG Carmen, how awfull, tell him if he touches Nic or Maggie or any of your rabbits, I'll go round and break his neck, cheeky little :censored:

How awful, I agree with Tinsel, I think he is looking for the family he doesn't have. It's quite sad really but he has no right to threaten to take your buns. Very difficult situation for you. I hope it gets sorted soon.
Sallyx

aw Carmen. poor you! thats a tricky situation, as sally says. I really hope you get i sorted soon.

Mai xx

Will your buns be ok, you can keep them here a bit if it gets nasty hun, I can't believe it what a vile brat :evil:

Can you call the police, just told Ste that someone wants to hurt Nic and Mags and he's :shock:, dunk them in flour and tell the police they were from me they'll be straight round :lol::lol::lol:

Can you call the police, just told Ste that someone wants to hurt Nic and Mags and he's :shock:, dunk them in flour and tell the police they were from me they'll be straight round :lol::lol::lol:

Tree! :lol::lol:

I want to open ten cans of whoop ass on this kid, what a rude little skankbag.

there's cocky and then there's him!

I wouldn't let him in your house again, the horrilbe little wazzock.

we'll all come and make a human chain around the bunnehs for you! :wave:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: (I laughed so loudly I just woke a snoozing bunny!)

Back to the serious issue tho - sympathies. I really hate it when you can't communicate on the same level as people because they just don't get what you have to say and 'live by different rule' (probably because they've never been given any rules).

Last edited:
I'd tell the police and maybe bring them inside till it cools down and then when they go back out continue with padlocks!!
That reminds me i need combo lock.

Thanks guys, you are all so sweet!

I don't think he can get in my garden - I've got a 6ft high brick wall and very nosy neighbours! I just cannot believe that anyone can be so downright rude and not even realise that they are hurting your feelings!

The run is too heavy for me to lift (and I have to lift my 16½ stone husband and push his wheelchair), so this boy couldn't. I might put another padlock on the door, to double up security too. I was thinking about putting some of those little solar powered garden lights around the run too, to discourage anyone.

Tree, thanks sweetie - he's an up and coming chav, so one look at and angry Ste and Bryn defending the buns, he'll fill his pants! :lol::lol:

But seriously, it is very sad that people bring kids into this world and dont look after them properly. We live on a horrible estate, full of idiots who think it's fun to scream at full volume at 3am and rev motorbikes at 5am. :evil: It's no surprise how their kids grow up. I thank my lucky stars I had wonderful parents and hope I do a good job with my sons. They are disgusted that he dared!

Carmen

thats children now....:evil:

you poor thing non of them are his at all just dont let him in and make sure that he cnat get near them he sounds like a nutcase anyway!!!

Awwwwwwwwww Carmen, if you need any help just shout me I will be straight over, just told Bryn about it and he said if you need help we'll drop everything and rush down.

Awwwwwwwwww Carmen, if you need any help just shout me I will be straight over, just told Bryn about it and he said if you need help we'll drop everything and rush down.

Thank you Tree and Bryn, you guys are amazing!:D

Same goes for us, if you ever need owt (we might not rush as fast, what with 3 kids and Stef), but we are here too! :lol:

Carm x

I think it's sad that the kid has to try and latch onto another family because his real family obvisiously don't care about him. Can you ring social services?
His threats to nick your bunnies may be just be the start of his criminal career, especially if he is hanging around with older kids.

Back