• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bought another cage for Carpet & Marble

Stalvros

Warren Scout
Yep, this time a BIGGER cage as well!
But.... should i separate them though into different cages?
I know they'll have more space that way but.....
........ they seem so attached :(.

Check it out~
(Will post more pic once i have set everything)
img0152ad5.jpg

And yes.....
Marble STILL shreak whenever she doesn't see Carpet around!
I don't know why! I was told that as they grow older perhaps Marble wont shreak but this is definitely not the case :(.

PS: Just look at how curious carpet is with his
fluffy little face. They've grown though~

Last edited:
Why are you thinking about seperating them?
Buns prefer company so if you can keep them together then I would do especially if they are already so attached, but without knowing why you want/need to split them it's hard to say.

Why are you thinking about seperating them?
Buns prefer company so if you can keep them together then I would do especially if they are already so attached, but without knowing why you want/need to split them it's hard to say.

oh, i mean for the space wise~
like 1 rabbit in 1 cage
that way they'll be able to have more space ^_^.

So its either
1st - less space but together
2nd - more space but separated

but judging from the situation, id have to stick with 2nd for now~

Can you not make the two cages into one so they can still be together and have more space?:D

Can you not make the two cages into one so they can still be together and have more space?:D

Hmmmm~
dont think that's possible at the moment.
Not enough space :(.

I have a table there in my balcony.
So what happened is, i plan to put the smaller cage at the bottom and bigger cage on top (or the other way around)

So the arrangement is more like STACK instead of ASIDE.
Unless rabbits are like hamsters, i would've connected the 2 cages using tubes XD

Just looking at the pic of their small cage, are they standing directly onto wire? Rabbits shouldn't be kept on wire as it can cause damage to their hocks/feet.

Definitely move them into the bigger one together and make sure they have a solid plastic base or someting, as you get in dog crates :)

Just looking at the pic of their small cage, are they standing directly onto wire? Rabbits shouldn't be kept on wire as it can cause damage to their hocks/feet.

Definitely move them into the bigger one together and make sure they have a solid plastic base or someting, as you get in dog crates :)

oh i had a cloth for them to rest
had it removed during picture taken because i need to dry it out
(pee all over the place -_-)

If they are already together in a little cage, why can't you just put them both together in the bigger cage?

I think I would prefer to have less room and be with my friend as opposed to being in a cage on my own... and the cage you are currently using isn't really large enough for one grown bunny so i would definitely switch to the other one :)

This is a no brainer - you need to keep them together as they are a bonded pair. They will be very unhappy if you split them up. Whilst it's not great that they don't have masses of space, provided you are giving them the care they need and a chance to run around your apartment when you are in, they will be better off than being split up and just having a tiny bit more room.

Yeah that's what i thought
so i guess i'll stick with option 2 for now.

I dont know.
I mean, you know how some people say
'it DOESNT MATTER if your female rabbit cries! separate it for a better cause'
or something like that?

As for the smaller cage,
i'll probably use it for their babies if they had any ^_^.

PS: As for space wise, i took them down to the garden everyday for afternoon walk after their lunch. I've seen some rabbits get SUPER FAT that you can sign them up for SUMO contest -_-, dont want my rabbits to end up like that~

?

As for the smaller cage,
i'll probably use it for their babies if they had any ^_^.

PS: As for space wise, i took them down to the garden everyday for afternoon walk after their lunch. I've seen some rabbits get SUPER FAT that you can sign them up for SUMO contest -_-, dont want my rabbits to end up like that~

do be careful, bunnies breed at a rate of knots, you really would be over run in no time, females can literally be pregnant again straight after giving birth. would you consider neutering and spaying them? do you have a good vet service in Singapore? i have no idea!

jumping-smiley-013.gif
jumping-smiley-013.gif
jumping-smiley-013.gif
jumping-smiley-013.gif

Carpet and Marble!!

How old are they now?

They will love the new roomier home, is it a dog crate?

hello hello Lauralou ^_^
how are you again?
how's Carlton?

Oh, carpet and marble is 3 months old now.
Yep, its a dog crate ^_^. I figured all the rabbit cage they're selling me are Wayyyyyy too small. So i just got them a dog crate instead with those pull-able trays for easy cleaning.

I'll still use the same ol' rugged towel for footing support.
Still drying it at the moment -> smells of pee!!! ahhh!!!!
(It's actually a 1 month old new towel -_-)
(Turned to RUG after both carpet and marble 'play' with it)

do be careful, bunnies breed at a rate of knots, you really would be over run in no time, females can literally be pregnant again straight after giving birth. would you consider neutering and spaying them? do you have a good vet service in Singapore? i have no idea!

Yeah that's what i read up as well.
I'll see if i can get them neutered like after the 1st batch or something.
I just want them to have a chance to become parent.

There's this shop called Pet Lovers Center
http://www.petloverscentre.com/
They do all sorts of things related to pets and their branch is all over malaysia and singapore as well ^_^. I went to them to buy this 3kg of HAY!

Please dont breed them, do you know how many rabbits die in rescues around the world due to over population? :cry:

Yes the babies are very cute, but can you afford to get them all neutred/spayed before they leave you as well as the vaccinating?

hello hello Lauralou ^_^
how are you again?
how's Carlton?

Oh, carpet and marble is 3 months old now.
Yep, its a dog crate ^_^. I figured all the rabbit cage they're selling me are Wayyyyyy too small. So i just got them a dog crate instead with those pull-able trays for easy cleaning.

I'll still use the same ol' rugged towel for footing support.
Still drying it at the moment -> smells of pee!!! ahhh!!!!
(It's actually a 1 month old new towel -_-)
(Turned to RUG after both carpet and marble 'play' with it)

dog crates are so good for bunnies, it's a shame they don't market them for bunnies as well as for dogs, there's so much more room to move and stratch!

I'm okay thanks, been a bit ill so was quiet on the forum for a while!

Carlton is really turning into a big man, he has realised the damage he can do with his teeth! and is generally a loveable naughty monster!

Yeah that's what i read up as well.
I'll see if i can get them neutered like after the 1st batch or something.
I just want them to have a chance to become parent.

There's this shop called Pet Lovers Center
http://www.petloverscentre.com/
They do all sorts of things related to pets and their branch is all over malaysia and singapore as well ^_^. I went to them to buy this 3kg of HAY!

i noticed the hay, it looks delicious! i'm glad you've found a good place for supplies, i remember you were having difficulty before.

I agree with Amy&Amber in reference to the breeding, it can be difficult to find homes, and pet shop bunnies are known to have genetic problems in their background and you never know what may happen. there's so many things to consider, like if mummy got into trouble giving birth - one kit stuck in the birth canal could kill mummy and all the babies. :(

i'm not preaching or anything but you really, really must do some reading on it. :wave:

Hello :wave:

Lovely to see Carpet and Marble again, and nice to see they have a bigger cage ready and waiting for them :thumb:

Please put something down in the new one if it has a wire floor, to protect their feet :)

I wouldn't seperate a bonded pair, they need to be together. But I would get them neutered, baby bunnies sound cute, but unless you have homes already waiting for them you would be bringing them into a world with no need for more bunnies :( If you have them neutered they would feel no need to be parents, they don't want to be parents, sexual activity is just instinct - they don't feel the need to be a mummy and daddy like humans do :roll: :lol:

Thea :)

Please dont breed them, do you know how many rabbits die in rescues around the world due to over population? :cry:

Yes the babies are very cute, but can you afford to get them all neutred/spayed before they leave you as well as the vaccinating?

hmmm ill do what i can
i can only take care of 3 at most though.
but the rest will go to my cousins and all ^_^.
(they're very good owners too)

but anyways, both carpet and marble are still too young.
We'll see how it goes. I might get them neutered as well if i feel that my work gets too hectic and i couldnt spend as much time with them as before.

Back