• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why?:(

MollyND

Young Bun
I'm just so sad and scared right now. My landlord came over last night asked if i had rabbits. I said yes. She said i'm not allowed rabbits (there is a no pet policy but everyone has them) My neighbor said that the lady below me called and said she can hear my rabbits jumping around. They are dwarfs!!:censored:Apparently this lady below me hits the bottle and takes joy out of getting people evicted. I'm so scared of losing my bunnies,my babies :( I don't know what to do.:(

Oh I'm so sorry I know how scarey it can be with landlords disapproving of pets. Can you not ask the landlord if she will let you pay a pet deposit to cover any damage she may be fearful they will cause? And if necessary borrow from your employer or parents?

Oh I'm so sorry I know how scarey it can be with landlords disapproving of pets. Can you not ask the landlord if she will let you pay a pet deposit to cover any damage she may be fearful they will cause? And if necessary borrow from your employer or parents?

The thing is its goverenment housing. They aren't concerned about damage but by noise from 2 dwarf rabbits. Its a joke. I look at them and i cry.

The thing is its goverenment housing. They aren't concerned about damage but by noise from 2 dwarf rabbits. Its a joke. I look at them and i cry.

I know a LOT of people in Singapore who puts their rabbit up for adoption or sells them because of this problem. Basically what happened is that some of them tried to just hide it away or just cage them so that they dont make a mess and dont 'stomp' around the house (so that your landlord with her 'superman' hearing wont hear them).

Just a small cage will do?
And let them out once in a while so that they're not confined in the small cage 24/7. (Less freedom but at least you wont have to give them away, or worse if they got taken in by crappy owners)

The cage that these people uses are usually made out of plastic.
They bought the one with pullable tray. Very easy to clean~

Take up irish/tap dancing? The rabbits noise will be nothing compared to a bit of river dance! Try a piece of cheap carpet with underlay to absorb the sounds. You may find some on freecycle. This will show landlord you are a responsible tennant and not thoughtless like others.

This womans behaviour is probably well known and landlord has no option other than to investigate - he may just have been paying her lipservice so he can confirm for himself that she's making a big fuss over this.

Is this woman approachable? Can you invite her in for coffee to meet the buns, might help win her trust, she may have had awful tennants in the past and so may be prone to overreaction.

Hope this quickly blows over and you and your lil buns can carry on with your peaceful lives.

If it's Government housing then any noise complaints have to go via the noise pollution regulatory services department. Your neighbour should have lodged a complaint there and will be asked to monitor the noise on a form for a month. That is then sent back and an officer decides if it needs further investigation. If they think it does they then set up noise monitoring equiqment in her home to see how much noise is coming through from yours. It then has to be over a certain level of decibels and fora certain length of time consistently for them to act on it. I doubt very much 2 small rabbits jumping about will register much. People with barking dogs used to get away with it where I worked before so I'm sure your rabbits are not a problem on the noise front.

I know a LOT of people in Singapore who puts their rabbit up for adoption or sells them because of this problem. Basically what happened is that some of them tried to just hide it away or just cage them so that they dont make a mess and dont 'stomp' around the house (so that your landlord with her 'superman' hearing wont hear them).

And let them out once in a while so that they're not confined in the small cage 24/7. (Less freedom but at least you wont have to give them away, or worse if they got taken in by crappy owners)

I can't quite believe that response. A small cage? How is that in the rabbits interest?

If they have to be rehomed at least she can make sure they have a good quality of life instead of being put in a small cage so they can't move around as much :shock: shocking :shock:

Do NOT follow this advice it's completely selfish & cruel.

let them out once in a while? hello your on a rabbit forum have you not learnt anything such as the amount of exercise and stimulation rabbits need???? :?

I think Stalvros lives in Singapore, where the care of domestic pets may be slightly different to how we feel our pets ought to be looked after. Hopefully he is learning from this forum so it might help to offer some suggestions to help him understand what it was he said that has upset people. I don't think he said it thinking it might not be what we would see as the ideal solution.

can you say they've gone and you've taken up learning dance and if she hears noise that's what it is?!

I've been thinking about what I would do if I were in this situation (because I might well be in the near future) I was thinking that if I had the bunnies in a room I could lay down some quilts to help absorb the sound when they binky around? Then maybe confine the bunnies to a pen during the night? I can't see why she would have a problem with that. My bunnies run around upstairs and you can hear it when you are downstairs, but it isn't that noisy and they only do it early morning and evening around dinner time!! :)

Its true that the Environmental Health people would have to deal with a report of noise. We have just had to complain about a local Church. A Church I hear you say. Well yes buts its not your normal Sunday service church nope its a 'Fountain of Life Gospel Church' was nice at first but every Friday night their service starts at 12am!!! drumming, organ playing, singing and foot stomping till 3am sometimes 4am! Anyway back on topic you have to sign a form saying that you are offically making a complaint and that you are prepared to stand in a court of law if prosecution takes place.

Personally I'd get the sound proofing and try not to worry.

I've been thinking about what I would do if I were in this situation (because I might well be in the near future) I was thinking that if I had the bunnies in a room I could lay down some quilts to help absorb the sound when they binky around? Then maybe confine the bunnies to a pen during the night? I can't see why she would have a problem with that. My bunnies run around upstairs and you can hear it when you are downstairs, but it isn't that noisy and they only do it early morning and evening around dinner time!! :)

this is what i assumed Stalvros meant when they suggested a smaller cage, it must be difficult what with the language barrier and all.

The thing is they AREN'T loud. They weigh maybe 2 pounds each. This woman is just out to get me for some reason.

Yes you are right......:)

umm actually, i was hypothesizing the situation for this thread.
Like, which would i choose if i am MollyND?

1st option
- smaller cage for rabbit (not THAT small but definitely not big either)
- at least they'll be cared by me and i certainly do want the best for them just that my best may not be good due to the restriction of my living place

2nd option
- put them for adoption and maybe they might get bigger space
- but that does not guarantee that their new owner might love them as much. I mean, what's the point of bigger space if they're not given constant attention?

So overall, due to concern for the rabbits of course i would choose 1st.
Like, i will definitely try to maximize the space by connecting the cage to the kitchen or so. Or perhaps just place them in the cage while i'm at work so that they don't make so much noise and all~

PS: Also, for those who think that i am selfish and all~
it's not that.
You really REALLY have to understand.
The way we singaporeans raise rabbits are different then you all.
We don't have a big garden like you guys do to put all these fancy rabbit condo or stuff. Most of us live in small apartments and seriously...... the rabbit cage that ALL the Singapore pet store sell are like SMALL!

You know my new cage? that's meant for DOG!
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=139478

So in order for me to be 'unselfish' in this forum, i have to buy a DOG cage.
I wonder what happens if another Singaporean came into this forum and started posting picture of his/her rabbit in the 'default' rabbit cage that he/she bought from a local singapore petstore. What are you going to do then? Further criticize when they are not even aware that rabbit cages sold in the UK are like WAYYY bigger then that in Singapore?

I'm not saying that you are rude,
just that at times i'm really ****** at how some people can be so narrow minded without thinking WHY someone suggested that in the first place. It's not that they're selfish or rude or uncaring towards the rabbits. It's just that that's the way things work in their country :(.

yes in uk the cages in pet shops are also much too small the picture you have is a large dog crate in uk also but many people worldwide uk included find that a cage they buy in a pet shop is too small if they do research i am not criticising you at all i think you are learnign lots but putting them in a smaller cage will likely not lessen any noise anyway they will just stomp in the cage in frsutration.... i would suggest the dampening system douvets everywhere or sponge pannels on the floor, or find something to complain about women about and get her evicted instead sounds like landlord just eneds a reason to anyway!!!!!

umm actually, i was hypothesizing the situation for this thread.
Like, which would i choose if i am MollyND?

1st option
- smaller cage for rabbit (not THAT small but definitely not big either)
- at least they'll be cared by me and i certainly do want the best for them just that my best may not be good due to the restriction of my living place

2nd option
- put them for adoption and maybe they might get bigger space
- but that does not guarantee that their new owner might love them as much. I mean, what's the point of bigger space if they're not given constant attention?

So overall, due to concern for the rabbits of course i would choose 1st.
Like, i will definitely try to maximize the space by connecting the cage to the kitchen or so. Or perhaps just place them in the cage while i'm at work so that they don't make so much noise and all~

PS: Also, for those who think that i am selfish and all~
it's not that.
You really REALLY have to understand.
The way we singaporeans raise rabbits are different then you all.
We don't have a big garden like you guys do to put all these fancy rabbit condo or stuff. Most of us live in small apartments and seriously...... the rabbit cage that ALL the Singapore pet store sell are like SMALL!

You know my new cage? that's meant for DOG!
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=139478

So in order for me to be 'unselfish' in this forum, i have to buy a DOG cage.
I wonder what happens if another Singaporean came into this forum and started posting picture of his/her rabbit in the 'default' rabbit cage that he/she bought from a local singapore petstore. What are you going to do then? Further criticize when they are not even aware that rabbit cages sold in the UK are like WAYYY bigger then that in Singapore?

I'm not saying that you are rude,
just that at times i'm really ****** at how some people can be so narrow minded without thinking WHY someone suggested that in the first place. It's not that they're selfish or rude or uncaring towards the rabbits. It's just that that's the way things work in their country :(.

I didn't mean to offend you but that is how I feel. Personally I wouldn't buy a rabbit if I didn't have the space/time/money. You have access to the internet so researching these factors is easy regardless of where you live.

Difficult as it would be I would opt for option 2. I couldn't bare to see Paddington cooped up. He wouldn't be happy & nor would I.

Back