• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helen you are not to open this without your OH - page 7

janice

Wise Old Thumper
2 pairs of bunnies

Pair number one are Helen aka The Duchess who has one foster bun of hers called Percy. Percy is we think the brother to Simon I paired up a couple of weeks ago, he is more dog in character than a rabbit. He is being paired up with Sally who is a 3 year old girl who witnessed her partner being taken by a fox prior to her being taken to Greenfields Rescue. Due to her timid nature she has remained with Helen, we have tried in the past to bond her with another boy who was deaf, this worked for a while then they divorced :roll:

Pair number two is Frosty a darked white up eared bun who is being paired up with a harlequin petite boy who still has a high hormone level :oops:

Last edited:
David can't quite believe that I have come home without the buns - he thought it was going to be a no hoper. We have everything crossed that Sally will end up giving Percy a licky head too.

Thanks for all of your efforts again Janice.

:lol::lol:linus is still at it then :lol::lol: poor girl i need to find out how old he is, i have him down as a hormonal teenager,,

all my buns are rampant the binky boys are at it all the time,simon was rampant, now linus, i will be very very suprised if biggles is not the same as hes the randyest in the house :lol::lol: my whole house is full of males the only time i get to see a female in my house is when the lodgers daughter comes to stay :roll:

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeed percy i do hope it works hes an absolute dream:love::love: my fella fell absolutly in love with him,it made him miss simon more the soppy thing, his piccy does not do him justice on the arc site, he is such a character and very nosy, fingers crossed for you helen

So far so good.

Sally and Percy are settled, they had a little scrap about 15 minutes ago, they stopped before I reached them, sally managed to get covered in water out of the bowl that got upset when they did a couple of circles. Percy is back eating and trying to pull the hay from under her tummy :shock: we have had a little more grooming where Percy has been cleaning Sallys forehead. Percy is definately a sneaky character, I put the lid down (not locked) whilst I made a drink ...... he lifted it up and climbed on to the lid of the cage :lol:

The other pair :oops:...... they are definately rolling in the hay. Poor Frosty, he is even more persistent that Simon was :roll:If he is not humping her, he is sitting on her back holding on for dear life :? Fortunately she is ok with it at the moment and letting him get on with it. A nice bit of Timothy has put him off her for a few minutes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:yup yet again bribary with food :lol: will only give him more energy,

:lol::lol::lol::lol:yup yet again bribary with food :lol: will only give him more energy,

It gives Frosty a breather.

If he is like it all night I am going to feel think that there is a train going through the rooms downstairs. That is the vibrating noise he makes on the plastic tray.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:lets just hope she can put up with it for while, im sure she will tell him to shove orf at some point

Helen

Sally is now stuffing her mouth full of SS and dandelion, blackberry leaves and some freshly trimmed grass. So she has definately coming out of herself and less introverted now.

Great news Janice.

Thanks for keeping us both posted. We're going to be having a nerve racking wait this weekend I think.

Hope you have a quiet-ish night!

Frosty and Linus have been as quiet as anything over night. They are at either ends of the cage. They are eating well and Frosty does such huge poos :shock:

Both Sally and Percy want to be the dominant one :roll: Sally seems more relaxed and is eating well. They both feell comfortable enough to groom themselves and to stretch out. Sally is back to her old tricks by trying to pinch Percy's bottom ... and then they start chasing each other. I am not sure if this is because he isnt grooming her or what, therefore about to try the banana trick on her to see if she will be happier with him

Oh dear. Sally just doesn't know a good thing when she sees it does she.

Yep, get the old banana out Janice - I'll bring you some replacements!

I put some banana on Sally and she shook it off :lol: Tried again and she sat still, Percy wasnt interested ... then added a dab of chocolate spread ... still nothing, I then added some SS and he is still eating and cleaning her ... including the banana :lol:

I put some banana on Sally and she shook it off :lol: Tried again and she sat still, Percy wasnt interested ... then added a dab of chocolate spread ... still nothing, I then added some SS and he is still eating and cleaning her ... including the banana :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

CIMG0346.jpg

Banana lumps I will ignore them .... there must be something more tasty coming ....

That will make two then - David would eat it all day long if I bothered to buy it.

I swear Percy thinks he's a dog.

Sally thinks she is a tiger and wants to send this thumping dog away as it is distrubing her rest! There is less chasing in the last hour than over night ........ I just need some padded booties for Percy so he doesnt frighten her so much ... hopefully then she will stop having a go at him.

Back