• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby rabbits

misty moo

Warren Scout
hi all can some one pleez tell me at what age can bbay bunns go out on to the gress and out of the hutch they are starting to walk/hop around the hutch and are starting to eat well kind of lol. and also do i have to keep mummy with near them all day or can i put her somewer else for a rest?

I was told 16 weeks/ or after they've had there injections.. but that was years ago and everybody seems to have different views on stuff like that.

My babies are nearly 4 weeks and they play in there garden, but theres no grass because its tiled (There mum kept digging out :roll:)
Baby bunnies in the wild seem to be out eating grass at around 3/4 weeks

I think you should keep mum with the babies, when my hattie had babies we sometime let her go in a run for 30 mins to get some grass then put her back with them. She got alittle panicked being away from them

I put my babies out as soon as they were hoping about, they thought it was great fun, just make sure the run is nice and secure and keep mum with them. x

i put jelly and her babies out for half an hour when they were 4 weeks old, not much longer bcus their little legs got tired :love:

and when they got to five weeks i let them out for a bit longer etc.

just put some shelters in the run so they have somewhere to hide and rest/.

Back