• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please - CHEWING BARS OF PEN AT 4 IN THE MORNING!!!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
My black buck Perry has always chewed the bars of his pen early in the morning when its time to get up but after a couple of mins he stops so its ok. The last few days he's been chewing all night and ive had to get out of bed and move into the back bedroom. Cos him and Belle are in my bedroom, its stopping me and the VERY understanding OH sleeping properly. There's no lack of space - they have a cage attached to the vagavalley play pen and they get 3-4 hours of free range in the evening. Any ideas what i can do to stop this or any thoughts on why he is doing it? PLease help!!

Ta xx

he just wants attention... alvin cage pings at 5am when we go to scotland and have to share a room with him, hes very very active at that time then the little monster sleeps all day :lol::lol::lol:

:roll: I love him - god knows I love all my lil' babies, but b****y hell this morning at half 4...lets just say my undying love was being slightly tested...:shock:

Can I not apply something to the bars that tastes rubbish but wont hurt him?

Bitter apple spray might work although my piggy Hoover does this (also around 4/5am) and it didnt work for him, but I really really sympathise :shock:

:roll: I love him - god knows I love all my lil' babies, but b****y hell this morning at half 4...lets just say my undying love was being slightly tested...:shock:

Can I not apply something to the bars that tastes rubbish but wont hurt him?

i dunno hun, i had the worst weeks sleep ever and was so happy to get home where he lives down stairs. i think white vinegar was advised to stop wallpaper chewing.. you could try that maybe? room will stink like a chipshop tho :shock:

All my bunnies ares spoiled rotten but I might start showering him with more attention. He's bonded with Belle and they are proper snuggle buns but when he comes downstairs, he loves just chilling on one of the arms of the chair by himself and loves not being mithered by anyone. When he wants to come down and play he will, but it has to be on his terms. Maybe if I give him more attention then, he might not start demanding it at helf four in the morning!!

Ill try it tonight! Keep your fingers crossed. :p

All my bunnies ares spoiled rotten but I might start showering him with more attention. He's bonded with Belle and they are proper snuggle buns but when he comes downstairs, he loves just chilling on one of the arms of the chair by himself and loves not being mithered by anyone. When he wants to come down and play he will, but it has to be on his terms. Maybe if I give him more attention then, he might not start demanding it at helf four in the morning!!

Ill try it tonight! Keep your fingers crossed. :p

haha i meant he wants attention at that particular time... its the im awake so ill wake mummy up too thoughts hes gettin.. good luck for tonight

Back