• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help - sticky goo - congealed urine?!?

greengirlie

Young Bun
Hello,

i am currently bun sitting a large house rabbit and when he arrived last night his daddy said he had been missing his mum as she went away a couple of nights ago and he is away this wknd. anywa he said he seemed not himself prob missing his mum (?) (his mum being my mate!!) they have a good bond.
so set his cage up just how he likes it etc and he didnt seem interested in anythign, he ate a carrot and had eaten a treat - a herbal good for them type of thing - helps with teeth etc. anyway not eaten anything that i can see.

this morning i went in and saw what looked like either phlegm or glue!! yucky i know but i touched it and it seemed to be like a mass of glue but yellowish in colour, got tissue and picked it up and i noticed 3 tiny poos, he has done some small droppings since but not seen any wee, tried giving him water but nothing so gave him a small carrot and a bit of cucumber as if anything else he was eating carrot and would get fluid from that. left a bog roll with stuffed hay and pellets in to play with and a box.

just no idea what the goo was ... was it an almost solid wee??? maybe from lack of drink?? obviously he been stressed with my mate (his mum) going away and then coming to my house.. am really worried that A he is very old B i got two rabbits of my own so keeping them seperate though dotty got in and he didnt seem bothered by her and this morning he was trying to hump me!!! he has been done. so he is active and moving around etc.

sorry for the essay... any ideas???

Last edited:
sorry I'm afriad I don't have any ideas, other than homesickness... sending you vibes, and giving you a bump, til someone who knows more comes along!

Sounds like he has some form of gut problems, possibly caused by the changes, possibly something else. I'd say he needs to see a vet especially if his poos are small as this means his guts are slow and he may need some meds or just some pro-biotics to balance out his friendly bacteria.

See if you can collect a sample for the vet to see what he is dealing with, yuk i know!!

yeah the small poos i would have thought are normal if it just after op or travelling, i will see when i get home tonight.
when i go home it will have been under 24 hours since he arrived so see if he ssettled etc... might be normal. just wondered what the good was?? was really bizarre. looked like congealed urine (or what i could think it was) or mucas from his bum.... URGH!!!!

poor trevs!!!

Back