• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Flip please U/D she's coming home!

monkeypuzzler

Mama Doe
Please can you send some vibes for my beautiful girl Flip.

Noticed this morning that she seemed to be sitting a bit hunched and wasn't quite as lively as normal.

Nipped her in to work (the vets!) and they found a big spike on one of her back teeth, poor baby it must have been hurting for a while :cry: but she's shown no signs 'til today and has been eating like a pig!

They've kept her in for a dental today, and her girlfriend Maggie is staying there with her as I'm hoping that'll minmise the stress.

She's nearly 7 and this is the first time she's had to go to the vets for anything other than jabs and neutering, so I know we've been lucky with her, but still nervous...

Roo
x

peekabooflip.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Am hoping she'll have been done by the time I get in to do my shift later, think I'd be nervous wreck at work if I knew it was happening right then.

The dental and GA itself went okay but she's been very slow in recovery. She's still a little dazed and has no interest in food yet. Please carry on sending waking up, eating and pooing vibes! :(

Here she is having a post-op cuddle with her Mum.

rooflip-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. She's just had some more analgesia and some metoclop and we've started syringe feeding. She took that really well and when we popped her back into her hospital kennel she nibbled on some dandelion leaves. She's staying here (the vets) overnight, and hopefully we'll be able to bring her home tomorrow if she starts eating a bit more convincingly and starts pooping!

Just woke up and straight away picked up my phone to call for an update. Apparently she's eating, peeing and pooing for England!! Am off to collect as soon as hubby drags his butt out of bed.

Back