• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun sways from side to side

HI,

Well Stu made it through his first night (see earlier thread) however when he is sitting he seems to sway from side to side is this normal???

So I presume he doesn't have red eyes then?
In which case if he's swaying I'd guess that it could be something neuological, or an ear infection as a guess??
Best pop along to the vets asap, as if it's an infection the quicker you start on treatment the better.

I'm just off to find your other thread so I can see who Stu is....

Siamese coloured rabbits do often have red eyes..look at the side rather than straight on if that makes sense:?
Here is Dale who's eyes look brown in some directions..but see they are red in others..think this is the colour you are describing?
Dale.jpg

If his eyes are red then he is probably short sighted and the swaying of his head is his way of trying to focus .
If he doesn't have red eyes it is worth getting him checked by a vet..he may have cataracts..you can often see these yourself, cloudy patches in the eye..and this can mean early signs of diseases such as EC..sometimes they are just cataracts though so don't panic!

If he starts to show signs of head tilt, excess weeing and /or dragging a back leg..he needs to see a vet ASAP..

From his colouring though I'd bet it's short-sightedness:D
ands can we have pics as he sounds handsome!

Last edited:
Brown eyes

Ok swaying maybe isn't the right term he seems to be scoping the area around him it's just his head that moves slowly.

can't work out how to add photo

yep that is the right colouring, our other rabbit is a white lionhead and he doesn't seem to do this so was a bit confused. There again Stu is only 8 weeks old and on his own for first time. He seems so much happier when cuddling with my girls.

Ah good - wasn't sure whether a siamese coloured bun would have red eyes!
It does sound like he's scanning, so nothing to worry about if that;'s the case.
Looking forward to seeing pics...

You need to join photobucket (it's free) and up load your pics there and then click on image code and it will automatically copy the pic's code which you then paste into a thread and it should work. You can also edit pics in photobucket to more manageable sizes. I use website pre set size.

Hth,

K x

Does he look like the bun in my sig?
He is short sighted and scans and has ruby eyes, red in certain lights but brown in others.

edit: here's a better pic
lounge2.jpg

Last edited:
Does he look like the bun in my sig?
He is short sighted and scans and has ruby eyes, red in certain lights but brown in others.

edit: here's a better pic
lounge2.jpg

pretty bunny!!

Billy scans,his eyes look brown but when the light shines into them they look red.

Back