• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skittish rabbit

kevinoh33

New Kit
I have had my bunny for about a month now and we got off to a bad start. The first day, i tried to transport him to his cage but he escaaaped from his carrier. It took me at least 20 minutes trying to catch/luring him.
My bunny doesn't really trust me anymore. i still take him for walks and stuff like that but its more like running cause he is running away from me. Im afraid i might lose him one day. The only time he comes to me is in the morning when i feed him. Is he never going to trust me again? Any good exericses to gain his trust? :(

When you say "take him for walks" do you mean on a harness? If so I'd leave that out for a bit cos that can stress them. Just put his food out - sit near but not too close and let him come to you - don't force yourself on him yet- he needs to feel secure and not that he will be grabbed if he comes within reach. I'm sure he'll be O.K. when he feels confident. Good luck.

I second cornish lass just sit with him and whenever he comes near you give him a titbit of food. He'll soon learn that you mean nice things.

yeah try not taking him for a walk for a few days and yes give him a wee bit of food went you come and see him...and give him heaps of hugs and kisses and soon he will love you:love:

my rabbit binkies alot. how can he be scared about me at the same time? im always in the room where he jumps high into the air and binkies

he may not be scared of you, it may just be his nature. I have a bun that very highly strung and will do his very best not to be touched but when he's in the mood you can tickle him for hours, so I just leave him to be a rabbit and run and play as he wants. He's a happy little chap, it's just the way he is.

Back