• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, mini lop Stu in new home needs help

Hi Stu here,

Just got brought here today by new owners.. in a nice hutch outside. Owner worried it will be too cold after pet shop what do you think???

Also thinking of keeping me inside anyway, what are views on keeping rabbits indoors.

cheers

Stu

Hello welcome to the forum. It shouldn't be to cold this time of year for your rabbit to be outside. Just make sure it has plenty of bedding.

Rabbits are fine indoors and outside. I've got an indoor bunny and its easier for me as I can spend more time with her.

Hi Stu and welcome to RU.

I think you could be equally happy living inside or out as long as you have plenty of space.

If you do live outside, ask your new family to make sure you have plenty of bedding and that your home is secure so you don't get any nasty foxes or other unwelcome visitors.

Roo.

inside now

Well human came out and it is tipping it down with rain, I was cold and a little scared, sitting shaking head slowly from side to side. so Owner and her mum have cornered off section of bedroom for me and came to life at once, warm in here seem much happier.

Owner thinks we will develop better relationship if I'm in her room so off tomorrow to buy indoor cage for when she is at school but when she is at home I will have her whole room to play in plus access to outside she is just worried about me chewing wires?????

Stu

Well human came out and it is tipping it down with rain, I was cold and a little scared, sitting shaking head slowly from side to side. so Owner and her mum have cornered off section of bedroom for me and came to life at once, warm in here seem much happier.

Owner thinks we will develop better relationship if I'm in her room so off tomorrow to buy indoor cage for when she is at school but when she is at home I will have her whole room to play in plus access to outside she is just worried about me chewing wires?????

Stu

:wave: i agree:). i have house bunnys and they are lovley:love:. i love them being in the house. and you will def develop a better relationship with her, if ur in ur room alot:). wires are a prob you really need to ''bunny proof your room''.
x

Thats great that yu are going to be a house bun! Its so good being able to see your human all the time.

You will need to make sure that al the wires in the room are well covered up (you can get cable protectors in B&Q etc).

Have you thought of getting a LARGE (48inch) dog crate to stay in during the day when your human is away? If you put a shelf in its great fun.

If you are a housebun you will definitely need neutering when you get older - as you may get whiffy!

Back