• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Is this mites? Pic attached...

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Can someone tell me if Twinkle might have mites? Noticed a small bald spot appearing on her ear today... she flicks her ear a bit too so maybe its a bit itchy?

She had a myxi jab over two weeks ago, but nothing else.. and no changes to diet etc.

DSC00934.jpg

hmmm don't know. When mo had mites there was a white dandruff sort of thing going on, anything like that?

I think you will find its just dry flakey skin from a local reaction to the Myxo Vacc which I assume was partly administered into the earbase.
A little bit of Aloe Vera Gel will rehydrate the skin and stop it from itching

Janex :)

I think you will find its just dry flakey skin from a local reaction to the Myxo Vacc which I assume was partly administered into the earbase.
A little bit of Aloe Vera Gel will rehydrate the skin and stop it from itching

Janex :)

The vet did her injection at the back of her neck, and seemed not to do it near her ear at all... :?

She has never previously had a reaction to any vaccinations.

Last edited:
Hi there:wave: I think like Janex has said its most probably a local reaction to the mixo vaccination, i remember one of my buns got a strange blister thing after his and i even took him back to the vet but he reassured me it was fine. Just want to ask you have you recently introduced any new tunnell type toys ? One of my girlies got quite badly irritated ears a few years ago with flaky skin and it turned out it was from one of those chewbe type tunnels cos she played so furiously with it:lol: Once i took it away it dissapeared in a couple of days. Just something that might help:)

Back