• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie has his abcess removed U/D all is well

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
The antibotics haven't touched it. I've occupied my mind today with various bits and pieces but now the worry kicks in. The appointment is at 9. His jaw looks so sore even though I'm worried I'll be glad to get rid of it. So will he be, he keeps scratching it and washing his face. Mocha has even been nuzzling up to the affected area. Roll on tomorrow, hope it goes ok.

Last edited:
Awww thinking about you all, hope Charlie's op goes well - let us know how he gets on, sending you loads of hugs & vibes xx

Hope all goes well, Audrey had her abscess removed 7 weeks ago so I have some idea of what you are going through. She is doing great now:D Thinking of you both.
x

Hope all has gone well. I have a jaw abscess bun who has now had 2 surgeries, so they can come through this. Sending lots of get well ((((vibes))))

Charlie has had the op and all went really well! :D When we arrived the vet and a nurse had a good look at the abcess to discover it had burst. I then had the option of more antibotics for a week and cleaning the wound then go for surgergy or just do the op there and then. As I had prepared for surgery I thought it was best to get it over with.

And when we had the after op update we were told they had removed ALL the abcess :D :D :D. And they had also done his teeth burrs. He's now there over night with Mocha to make sure he eats and poos and hopefully he'll be home tomorrow. :D I'm very happy and relieved. :D

Back