• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of Eastbourne/Arc Rescue buns in their new home

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

Finally got the new camera lead so here's a picture of Albert (aka Shadow) from Eastbourne followed by one of Fairytale (one of the 19 Arc babies) with a friend. I've then added some further pics showing them in their new garden with their other new friends. :D

Picture010-1.jpg

Erm..help! Why isn't pic appearing?

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

second go...

Picture003.jpg

Shadow/Albert above was Alfie's brother from Eastbourne...

Fairytale is the white Arc baby below. He's with Orlando (who is six years old and only has one eye); both had insisted on sitting out in the rain for most of the day... :?

Picture022.jpg

Below are the three Colchester rescues binkying in their pen..

Rescuebinky.jpg

And here is Shadow/Albert with the carrot he just stole from his girlfriend:

Picture025.jpg

Finally, here is Shadow's girlfriend looking for more carrots...

Picture024.jpg

Yay!! Pics at last!!! :D

They all look so happy. It's great to see the colchester buns with plenty of space.

You have a lovely big garden, looks like ther is plenty of room for more rabbits ;)

Hehe thank you.... I do have a *few* buns not yet pictured though :oops:.. will get onto that later lol. They're very happy here but the Colchester ones still have to be confined until Shadow's neuter is far enough back to be safe...

PS This is the hutch the THREE Colchester buns were living in together. I've put my smallest rabbit, an eight-week dwarf lop in there for the pic, to show everyone the size of it. Scamper knows it's not big enough for him, let alone three fully grown rabbits! :evil:

Picture027.jpg

PS This is the hutch the THREE Colchester buns were living in together. I've put my smallest rabbit, an eight-week dwarf lop in there for the pic, to show everyone the size of it. Scamper knows it's not big enough for him, let alone three fully grown rabbits! :evil:

Picture027.jpg

It's so sad isn't it :cry: I saw the pictures in the email she sent, thats why I tried so hard to get them places.

Is starlight not having any now, are you keeping them all?

Hi Liz

I'm waiting for Sue to talk her other half into accepting more rabbits! She has a bun that is moving to her sister next month and that's when space will hopefully be available. If she can't have one (or three!) I will contact Starlight again; meanwhile I'm happy to foster them here for a few weeks. I'm reluctant to split them up but I know it will be hard to get a space for three even though they do seem well bonded. I still don't understand why the owner wouldn't let a rescue take them, and it was time-consuming and frustrating that you had to do so much chasing, but at least they're out now and enjoying life more. Maybe I could give pics/details to Starlight if Sue can't have them but continue to foster them here until someone wants them? They could be advertised as rabbits in need that way without it putting more pressure on space at Starlight's....hmm...

Awww what great pictures, lovely to see buns with so much room to binky around! Norty Shadow stealing carrots from his girlfriend :lol:

Hi Bavarian
Yes, they are supervised, but also we've never seen/found evidence of foxes in all the years we've been here. The neighbour has kept chickens for six years and has had no sign of them either, so hopefully it's safe from foxes. We supervise in case though!

I want your garden!!!!!!! All that space.. .bunny heaven! Great pics and very lucky bunnies.
:love: hubba hubba at the Colchester Ones binkying :love: .

Hi Bavarian
Yes, they are supervised, but also we've never seen/found evidence of foxes in all the years we've been here. The neighbour has kept chickens for six years and has had no sign of them either, so hopefully it's safe from foxes. We supervise in case though!

I think all the foxes have moved into the cities. We have some cheeky ones that walk through our garden at lunchtime. Mostly they visit after midnight, though.
Some day I want a big garden!!!!:)

I know; I'm really lucky to live in the country. But like everyone else here I'd love to have acres and acres of walled in garden for buns and chickens and loads of animals to roam free in... *dreams*.... I do appreciate what I've got though - and so do the buns! :)

Back