• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nip on the nose -

Hello
as you may be aware, I have seperated Eric and Ernie due to fighting. They will be neutered in 3 weeks time, so I am hoping we may be able to re-bond them later.

At the moment they have runs next to each other and can smell each other and touch noses.

Unfortuantely, last night Eric got a bit fiesty through the wire and either bit Erics nose or caught him with his nail.

Eric has a slight cut on "the triangle crease" (if you know what I mean) of his nose.
It was just a small cut, with a trace of blood. he did lick his paw and try to clean it himself, but just wondered if I should have done anything with it?

Sorry it's a long thread

XXX

If it's just a little nic and not a deep cut, I'd just bathe it with some salt water and keep an eye on it over the next few days :D

My girls had a brief spat in the spring and one ended up with a sliced nose. I just kept it clean and made sure it wasn't infected and it healed up nicely all by itself.

Yeah ive had similar things with bonding sessions. Just keep an eye on it and possibly apply some boiled salt water a couple of times a day just in case. It will just heal up all on its own. Good luck!

Lisa and the buns x:wave:

Hello
Thanks Everyone.
I will try the salt water treatment and keep an eye on it.
I'm sure it will be fine, but just wanted to hear from the experts.:) Just in case there was a cream or something I needed to get.

Have a good weekend everyone

xx

Bernie has a permanent hole that puncture THRU that same part on his nose. It's a small hole the size of a tip of a pen. He was living in the streets of downtown for a while. Clearly, some animal done that to him. But he has it all these months and it doesn't bother him 1 bit

Back