• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pair to a trio..

capel

Warren Veteran
Has anyone had any success in bonding a male into an existing Male/female duo? I really feel Bournville needs company and thought I'd give it a go with Tim and Fliss who have been bonded for almost 3 months. Any tips?

I've done it before. It really depends on the personalities of the existing buns. Strangely enough I find it easier to bond neutered males than females, so you might find that 2 boys works well :D

I've put them out in the runs and have been moving them closer everyday and now they are less than 2' apart and in full view of each other. He perked up when I did this, although I know that might just be because he's outside. I've also swapped the runs and tunnels round so they are all using each others. Apart from some initial manic chinning everything seems normal. Tim and Bournville have done some rushing around and binkies..could that be a sort of "display" behaviour? Bournville seems to be choosing to graze along the side of the run nearest to the others.

When I bonded Thomas with Furby and Fudge it was Furby that was the little madam, Fudge and Thomas loved each other from the start :love: hopefully Fliss won't be like Furby :roll: she's big boss with her 3 boys even now and keeps them all in check.

Sounds good so far...Time and Fliss can't be too bothered by him otherwise they'd fight with each other.

I'd put them in a small indoor-type cage together and take them for a drive in the car.

I did it quite easily about 2 months ago with a boy & girl and introduced another boy. Like someone else said it all depends on personalities, not impossible though. x

Yes I bonded Donkey (male) in with Bobby (male) and Bambi (female) however Donkey did eventually start to bully Bobby so I split them again - I am sure you will have much more luck though as I have the worst bunnies ever when it comes to bonding and dominance :roll: Good luck x

I've done this type of bond twice - started off in either the bath or an indoor cage and found that it was fine both times... I guess it depends on the rabbits though :)

I bonded Totti into the existing pair of Spike and Kiki (well Tracy did :lol: ) She did have doubts initially but persevered and of the 3, it's the 2 boys who are absolute best buddies.

There's still the occasional scrap and it's usually when Kiki tries to hump one of the boys :oops: but they're even tolerating that now. I have come home and there's water all over the hutch floor so I think they've had a scrap but nothing to worry about.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I did, Amy&Ambers Timmy with her foster buns Mayo & Branston. It was just an istant bond but they had all travelled up from Leamington:D

Sorry to hijack this thread but what about 2 does and a buck. My Dora is a house rabbit but I am thinking of adding her in with Sooty and Jimmy. Sooty and Jimmy haven't been bonded yet so do I do two first and then the third or all together?

K x

Sorry to hijack this thread but what about 2 does and a buck. My Dora is a house rabbit but I am thinking of adding her in with Sooty and Jimmy. Sooty and Jimmy haven't been bonded yet so do I do two first and then the third or all together?

K x

I found this combination much easier however it all depends on the bunny and even then the initial bond was easy but one girl bullied the other - grrr my buns I just wish I have 1 succes story of group bonding :roll:

K x

its better to do them all together. if u have a pair already eithe rcould become jealous of the other one getting a new friend. if they are all strangers to begin with i think you would have a better chance.

good luck x

Im thinking of bonding my 3 boys, but I think Jazz get jealous and if eclipse gets too close to Jazz and gizmos run Jazz 'goes for' gizmo. is it worth the risk?

I didn't have any success with mine but I think it was a mixture of bunnies and me tbh. Barney and Roxy have always seemed to have a bit of a complicated relationship (they are much better now though). And Mo still had his eye problem. It may be worth a try however as I was warned, it can affect the original pairing too.

Thanks. The plan was to shove them in a carrier and then go for a car ride with Leanne riding shotgun just in case! Then if that goes well I was going to put them up on the top patio in a smallish run and then into an indoor pen overnight, But I wonder if I'd be better to put them straight into the small indoor pen after the car ride to save moving them around too much. Remembering Tim and nia's initial reaction in the pen it might be better to confine them to a small cage, as that advice from Jill worked with them. The nero cage is only 4x2... is that too small for a bonding situation?

I would think 4'x2' would be fine personally. I have bonded my boy Teddy in with my bonded pair Herbie and Dottie, and they now all three have a VERY close bond. No problems whatsoever......I NEVER thought it would work!

I will keeping my fingers VERY firmly crossed for your buns.....the initial signs sound good! :D :D

I think the 4x2 sounds perfect for bonding. Good luck, I hope it works, all fingers and paws crossed here :).

Back