• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit cremation

animal ry

Warren Veteran
I just found out my dad paid 55 POUNDS to have buster my rabbit cremated

im not sure but is that not a bit much?? :shock:

Money is no object when an animal dies. Yes I know that they arent really there and it is just a shell. But I feel like I owe it to them to make their bridge days just as good as their earth days. :)

It depends whether you had the ashes back. For an individual cremation that is very cheap. But if it was for a mass cremation where you do not get the ashes back then yes it was expensive.

i know its just i was wondering

it was just him and hes at the vets not been brought to us :shock:

what mass cremations at my vets are free :shock:

i know its just i was wondering

it was just him and hes at the vets not been brought to us :shock:

In that case it was very cheap, it is well over £100 at our pet crematorium for an individual cremation and you do have to collect them from the vets.

ohhhh :shock:

when my cat and other rabbit died they were taken away with all the other animals cremated and scatterd in the gardens for free but buster has cost 55 pounds to have him cremated and brought back to the vets not to us

Sounds like your vet has VERY good charges if they don't charge anything for communal cremation! £55 for individual cremation with the ashes back (as in back to you via the vets) is a good price.

I agree with what has been said. For an individual cremation that is an extremely reasonable price. It's more around the £100 mark at my vets. Think we paid around £25 for mass cremation and scattering of ashes at the pet cemetery when we lost Molly and Dizzy.

how cna you lose them there 2 cute!!!

i hate how alive people and animals look on pictures if they have passed obviously they were aliv ebut you know just wired when you know there dead :cry:

im happy knowing i diddent get ripped off :wave:

how cna you lose them there 2 cute!!!

We lost them both last year - Dizzy in May and Molly at the end of July. We were devastated :cry: But because of them we found this website and it's changed our lives completely! Have since adopted 5 rescue buns - Ant, Sienna, Trix, Beemer and Dudley (must get siggie sorted!), fostered for Honeybunnies and Fat Fluffs, and am now a Fat Fluffs trustee :D Plus have made so many friends along the way :D Still miss Mol and Diz ... but when they went to Rainbow Bridge they opened our lives to SO MANY rescue buns ...

Back